How can I change my shipping origin address?

xobydaninicole1
Tourist
4 0 1

I Can not figure out how to change the ship origin from my home address (created during set up) to my business set up.

Also, When customers are checking out, it now says "shipping not available for selected address."

If someone could help solve these issues that would be great. 

Replies 5 (5)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @xobydaninicole1

Your shipping origin can be edited within your Shipping settings (Admin > Settings > Shipping). From that page, you will see at the top a header that says 'Shipping Origin' and some blue text that says 'Change Shipping origin. Example screenshot below:

As far as the error you are seeing at checkout "shipping not available for selected address" is caused by your Shipping settings not including the region that your customer entered as their shipping address. For example, if your customer's shipping address is in Ontario, Canada but you do not have a shipping zone that includes Canada & Ontario in it, they will not be able to check out. You can add and edit your existing shipping zones to include all the regions you would like to ship to. From there, you can set your shipping rates to charge your customers for each region. More info on setting up shipping zones here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

xobydaninicole1
Tourist
4 0 1

The error is mainly occurring when they are attempting to use Shops, so that they can skip the customer information area.

xobydaninicole1
Tourist
4 0 1

You have no options set up for customers to receive their orders. 

Can you also kindly provide a step by step to access my admin features in order for me to change the shipping origin. 

I do not see an admin area.

Thank you!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @xobydaninicole1 

To access your admin and follow the steps I laid out in my previous post above, you will need to login. To login to your admin, simply type your store name into your browser YOURSTORENAME.myshopify.com/admin

Be sure to add the /admin at the end so that it takes you to your login screen. From there, you will enter your password and then be redirected into your backend admin. From there, you can follow the steps I outlined above.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

xobydaninicole1
Tourist
4 0 1
Is there a way you can change my shipping origin? I am still having issues finding the page to change the origin. It is showing my family home as the origin with only the option to remove it, which in turns deactivates shipping all together.