Charges for REEEAAALLLY old shipments

HaydenSimons12
Tourist
5 0 4

Looking for some guidance here. And apologies for posting here - but email, chat and phone support don't seem to be getting me anywhere with Shopify.

I completely understand true ups by UPS if we mis-measure or mis-weigh.  It happens.  We make a mistake or fat finger a number.

When that happens - I expect to be charged based on the actual dimensions/weight.  I'd hope that sometimes it results in a refund to me - but curiously, it never has. 🙂

A week or two ago - I was charged a true up amount for an order that shipped in October of last year (5 months ago).  It was a memorable package, because we had to "make" the shipping box from 18x24 inch moving boxes we bought from Lowes.  We shipped 35 paddles that were 52 inches long to a customer.

The dimensions we entered were 18x24x55 and 96 lbs.  We paid about $135 for shipping to a location about 4 hours away by car.

You can imagine my surprise when I got an incremental charge last week stating UPS had measured my package and while they agreed with the weight, the dimensions were 19x34x74.  This put it into an 'oversize' category and therefore incurs an additional $1100 in shipping cost.

Now - had Shopify done this as soon as it hit UPS's system - I could have disputed on the spot and had a customer snap a picture of the box when they received it.  But as it stands, the burden of proof now falls to me - 5 months later.

Shopify has taken literally ZERO of the responsibility in the delays (although in talking to one rep - I did find out there was a system issue that has caused their delay in reporting the charges to me).  I've gone round and round - even being asked to reconstruct the box and take photos of it (which begrudgingly I did). 

I'm to the point of chargeback with my credit card company - which would be the quick way out.  But more concerning is that every time I talk to someone on the phone or over chat, I've gotten ZERO resolution and at least a half hour of asking questions only to tell me they can't help.

Any recommendations on where to go next?

Replies 0 (0)