Charging shipping for all items

geeza
Excursionist
20 1 6

Hi 

how can I charge shipping for each item in an order with multiple items? Some of my orders only charge shipping for one item. 

many thanks 

Replies 2 (2)

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hello @geeza,

The strategy of charging each item for shipping is to set up flat rates for each product, when a customer adds multiple products in order the carrier will calculate the shipping cost individually for each item at the checkout.

You can charge shipping for each item based on the quantity-based packaging method in the Multi-carrier shipping label app, where the Shopify merchant can set up 1 item per package as a default option, thereby automating the shipping charges for each item as each item is packed in different packages.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

Daniel_1990
Tourist
59 0 3

To charge shipping for each item in an order with multiple items, you can follow these steps:

1. Determine your shipping rates: Decide on the shipping rates for each item and the total order. Consider factors such as weight, size, and destination. You might charge a fixed rate per item or base it on a combination of factors.

2. Set up your e-commerce platform: If you have an online store, access the platform's settings or shipping options. Different platforms have different interfaces, but you should be able to find a section related to shipping.

3. Configure shipping options: Look for an option that allows you to set shipping rules or rates. Depending on your platform, you might find options like "Shipping Zones" or "Shipping Rules." These settings enable you to define specific rules for shipping rates based on various factors.

4. Define shipping rules for multiple items: Within the shipping options, create a rule that applies when there are multiple items in an order. Specify how the shipping rates should be calculated in such cases. You can set a fixed rate per item or adjust the rates based on factors like weight or size. This way, each item in the order will have its own shipping charge.

5. Test and refine: After setting up the rules, place test orders with multiple items to ensure the shipping charges are applied correctly. Make adjustments if necessary, based on the results.

It's important to note that the availability of these features may vary depending on your e-commerce platform. If you encounter difficulties or require more specific guidance, please let me know which platform you are using, and I'll try to provide more tailored instructions.