How to keep checkout currency consistent with store currency?

Abdelazizsheira
Visitor
3 0 1

Dear Team ;

do you think you can help me with keeping the checkout currency to be same as store currency when converted to the client location, for example, a client in Saudi Arabia will see items in Saudi Riyal, but when he moves to checkout will see the payment in USD only, I need to make it in Saudi Ryal for him

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @Abdelazizsheira!

The currency in which your customers can check out will ultimately be determined by the payment gateway you are using for your store.

If you can confirm where in the world your store is based, we can share a list of payment gateway providers available for use there. 

Gateways would generally only allow for checkout in one currency (your 'store' or 'home' currency) even where prices are shown in different currencies depending on the location of the shopper.

You can confirm with the payment gateway provider what your options are with them in this regard, and if you confirm your country location for us here, we can share a list of all providers available there.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you're selling and what stage you're at with your business?

Are you looking to sell to one market specifically, or do you see multiple countries as part of your market?

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Abdelazizsheira
Visitor
3 0 1

Thank you for your answer 

my store region is middle east , my store currency is USD yet i have conversion app to change currency based on location , yet payment is only USD which makes my clients scared 🙂 any solution ? 

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @Abdelazizsheira!

As above, the currency in which your customers can check out will be determined by the payment gateway you're using for your store.

If you can confirm in which country your store is based, I can share a list of payment gateways available for use in that country.

It is usually the case that a gateway will only be able to support checking out in one currency, usually the home currency of your store.

The gateway you choose to work with for your store will be able to confirm which currency or currencies they can support, so if you can confirm the country your store is based in I can share a list of your options in that regard with you here.

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog