Can you add a 3% fee for credit card payments on Shopify?

musab__55
Visitor
1 0 0

One of my clients has a Shopify store he Needs to implement a feature on the Shopify store so that when customers register with "pay with credit card" instead of "pay with Wire transfer", they end up paying 3% more for their order to account for the credit card fee.

Please help me out as soon as possible in this I shall be very thankful to you,

Best Regards.

Reply 1 (1)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

Hi there, @musab__55.

It is not possible to edit the checkout page at all on Shopify, for both your security and the security of your customers. In this case, I would advise building the cost of this fee into each product's base price to ensure this amount is covered in every single sale. It will mean that people who choose to pay via wire transfer may be paying slightly more than they would otherwise, but I feel this is a fair trade-off to ensure you are not losing out on any profit. 

This may or may not be a pricing strategy that would work for you, but I would advise having a read-over of some information on different strategies out there to find the one that works best for you. Here's a great blog to get started! I hope this helps.

How are things going in your store otherwise? Anything you would like to improve or change that I could help with? 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog