Closed my store and was then charged

KappaTango
Tourist
5 0 2

I just closed my store, but was immediately then charged for another month?!? I can’t get support because my store is closed. This is why I closed the store because of the poor support and the delays that caused me to not be able to launch on time. This is the worst company, so greedy I paid for months and got nothing. Thanks for nothing.

Replies 6 (6)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@KappaTango 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing our Shopify Support. When closing your store, you will be charged any pending charges that are on your account. This would include any apps or subscription charges that were upcoming. However; if the charge was for an upcoming Shopify subscription, then we may be able to refund this back to you. 

You can still access Shopify Support even if your store is closed. You can do so by logging into your store through our help centre here. You will need to search your question (i.e refund) then select contact support at the bottom of the page that shows you the results of your search. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KappaTango
Tourist
5 0 2
In order to access support without selecting a store (since none were
active), I had to “Continue without logging in” … this is counter-intuitive
and bad UX, not surprising since you blocked my store for seemly no reason
and left me confused and helpless for over a month. Then re-activated but
didn’t even compensate for the downtime. Charging for subscription after
the store closed? Why do that, other than your greedy?
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@KappaTango 

I can't speculate on what the charge was for; however, I can help you access support to have this reviewed. While your store may not be active, you should be able to log in through our help centre and select the closed store in order to receive support. If you're having issues accessing support after following these steps, please let me know what issues arise by providing a screenshot of what you see. 

KappaTango
Tourist
5 0 2

It won’t let me select anything.

E870BF9B-B26A-450E-9C0E-C7BFDFAB7E7F.png

KappaTango
Tourist
5 0 2

I really hate that you guys act like you’re doing me a favor when you’re doing the right thing and fixing a mistake.

According to our Terms of Service we do not provide refunds, but as a one-time, goodwill gesture, I can offer you the refund on the subscription fee for the invoice you recently got charged.”

Honestly, I don’t care what you do, this is just a horrible company with horrible customer support. Publicly you act like your helping, privately this is the type of response. Even before investigating the issue. THIS is the problem with the company, really bad support and user experience.

Thanks for being so kind to refund a mistake against your TOS, I really appreciate the fact that you never own up to your problems.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@KappaTango 

Thank you for the screenshot. I'm sorry that you're having this experience. I can understand how it must be frustrating, especially if the charge was done in error. While I can't say for certain if the charge is valid, I do know that your request can be reviewed by our teams once the account is authenticated. If your store is not appearing under the "inactive accounts" then using the "Continue without logging in" option will be the best route to accessing our support. 

Once you've connected with one of our advisors, they can authenticate you in order to assist you further with this request.