coco-and-lily-worldwide is a scam?

melissaaporter
Tourist
5 0 2

I ordered two pet beds via a BOGO email campaign. I received one bed only and they have been stringing me along for six weeks that the other bed is "on its way". Is there any recourse via shopify for improper activity by its members? Thanks.

Replies 26 (26)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @melissaaporter,

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting!

I understand that you made a purchase from a store a while ago and haven't received the second package yet. I acknowledge how inconvenient that must be for you and will be happy to share the best next steps for you.

Just to explain fully what we do, Shopify is an eCommerce platform that anyone can use to create an Online Store. We don’t handle the products, orders, customer service, we provide merchants with the software they need to sell online. Legally we cannot divulge if a business uses the platform so I cannot confirm nor deny if the store you purchased from uses Shopify. 

Next Steps

If you have been unsuccessful in contacting the business and you are worried the goods will not be sent I'd recommend reaching out to your card provider/bank for advice on how best to proceed. They may suggest initiating the refund process so that you can get your money back. When someone reaches out to their bank for refunds, Shopify will be notified and an investigation will be initiated on this side also. What I can assure you is that we will take a look into the store's activity and take action where appropriate. Although for legal and privacy reasons, we won't be able to share the results of this investigation with you.

If by any chance, you processed this transaction using PayPal, then you're also in great hands. PayPal has Buyer Protection which favors buyers like you. You can see how to action this process via their online guide:

Although we cannot confirm publicly here if any website is using Shopify or not, it's recommended to submit a report if you believe that the specific site is using Shopify as their platform:

Below, I have provided you with 2 great resources for further guidance on this issue:

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Gerry2
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Moira

i filled in an AUP form to report fake sellers and no one is going to do anything - I was told “A good analogy would be to think of asking the owners of a shopping mall to refund a product bought from a store leasing space within the mall”. It’s not a good analogy - of course I’m seeking a refund but I filled in an AUP form saying 2 companies were scamming via your software platform. NOTHING is going to be done about them using your platform to con people out of money so I’m surprised to see you write that there would be investigations when your colleague basically said hard luck! I won’t be using any vendor I see using your platform ever again - it’s way too open to abuse and scams. 

TRACYMOORE
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I also purchased 2 beds from this company on the 26th of July and to date not only have I not received either bed, I have had no response from the emails that I have sent trying to track the order or get any response from the company.

Tracy

barbu
Visitor
2 0 0

I suspect it is a scam as someone is skimming legit company websites and collecting payment and never delivering on the goods - they were operating as Cozypets.us - now when I click on my order is comes up as Williamswood.  Sad that they can't track them down and stop them.  

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hi @barbu,

Thank you for getting back to us!

I want to stress, we absolutely do not condone any type of fraudulent activity on Shopify.

We suggest you review Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy here. Shopify’s AUP describes the activities that are not permitted on the Shopify platform. If you believe a store is operating in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. Although we cannot confirm publicly here if any website is using Shopify or not, it's recommended to submit this report if you believe that the specific site is using Shopify as their platform.

Once you have submitted a report through our Acceptable Use Policy page to note this merchant's fraudulent behavior and supplied evidence to support your claim as well, then rest assured that it is with our team and being looked into. You won't receive details on their investigation due to privacy reasons.

I do hope this helps, feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shellcfa
Tourist
4 0 5

Yep I ordered 2 beds have not received them as yet sad that shopify don’t protect us what’s the point using them it’s just a platform where scammers can go 😞 

melissaaporter
Tourist
5 0 2

I was able to get my credit card company to reverse the charge. You might try that. But yes - I agree that Shopify may be a place for scammers. I will act accordingly.

rachael_jane_ta
Visitor
2 0 1

I've had a similar experience myself - ordered two beds and received none. Now store is "Unavailable" when you visit their website. Total scam. Shopify should be vetting their merchants more fully, I think. I was lucky because my bank refunded me within 24 hours, but still. This would not have had to happen if sellers were vetted properly. 

Jemmasand
Visitor
1 0 0

Looks like I have been scammed too, contacted the company by email and also on Facebook, got a response asking for details and then heard nothing since. Now can't even view my order.

Martina77
Tourist
4 0 1

I placed an order for these beds nearly a month ago and have received nothing. Stupidly I did not pay with paypal. What can i do...if anything?

rachael_jane_ta
Visitor
2 0 1
I went directly to my bank.
Martina77
Tourist
4 0 1

I have contacted my bank who have assured me they will do whatever it takes to refund the money

Martina77
Tourist
4 0 1

I have received my money back from my bank. It is worth asking your bank to help.

I have since found another company -pawhot.com - who do great beds for pets, similar to the scam ones advertised, only there is no buy one get one free offer, mine has arrived and it is very good.

Shellcfa
Tourist
4 0 5
I rang my bank and they are following up said I should have money back in
5-10 days

Teresa05
Tourist
4 0 1

Same for me but I haven’t received either bed.

Teresa05
Tourist
4 0 1

The web page no longer works so I have notified my credit card company to dispute the charge. They have credited my account and are investigating. I wish I could provide them with an invoice but that has disappeared along with the company!

Shellcfa
Tourist
4 0 5
Contact your bank and I have learnt not to use shopify I thought it was a
protection but clearly just a platform for scammers use PayPal from now on
barbu
Visitor
2 0 0

Sadly I had the same experience with PayPal but at least they looked into the issue more thoroughly and helped to resolve the issue with the scammer. 

TwinTwin15
Visitor
1 0 0

I ordered two beds. They were buy one for $59.99, get one free. I placed the order on August 2nd. After two weeks with no shipping information, I reached out to customer support via email, and was told that my order would be received priority shipping. Still, no shipping information came. I reached out a second time,  via email, and was told that the order are behind, due to to COVID-19, but that they were working diligently to get the order out. And to please be patient. Still,  no shipping information. My last email to customer support was asking for the money to be put back on the credit card on file, if the beds aren't, in fact, gonna be delivered. And, yet again, I was told by customer support that they are sorry for the delay, and they are still working to get everyone's orders out. They even thanked me for my patience. I now realize that I was scammed, by a bogus company. 

How do I go about reporting this awful scheme?

Shellcfa
Tourist
4 0 5
Scam watch and contact bank
Martina77
Tourist
4 0 1
I contacted my bank and they are looking into it for me, the person I spoke
to told me they would hassle the company so much that they would pay the
money back just to not have the bank on their backs. I felt such an idiot
but it turns out they are everywhere and under more than one name too. Hope
this helps.

LK1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I bought 2 beds for price of one from Coco and Lilly during August too. Now website is gone. Darn 😬

melissaaporter
Tourist
5 0 2
I was able to get a refund from my credit card company.
Teresa05
Tourist
4 0 1
Me as well, my credit card is investigating.
Teresa05
Tourist
4 0 1
Same here, have heard nothing from them!

Gbamstore
Visitor
1 0 0

I also ordered this offer on July 26th, didn't receive anything. I sent an email to check on the order status and they said it was taking a while and to be patient. About a month later I emailed the company again to request a cancelation and received zero reply.