Is in-store collection possible for specific items on Shopify?

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

Hi,

Most of my products will be shipped using general shipping. However I have some large products (furniture etc) that I would like to either make available to collect in store only or turn off shipping for.

Is this possible??

Replies 3 (3)

PreBuiltStores
Shopify Partner
256 3 22

You can try Store Pickup Click and Collect | Shopify App Store or Store Pickup + Delivery | Shopify App Store

Schedule in store pick up, local delivery and date-based shipping orders from the Shopify POS

Pre-Built Shopify Stores Dropshipcorporation.com We are Shopify Partner
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @BohoBungalow!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question!

It is certainly possible to set products for local pickup and disable shipping for those products. You can use apps, such as the ones that @PreBuiltStores suggested (Store Pickup Click and Collect or Store Pickup + Delivery), to achieve this; however, there is also a way to set this up with the native Shopify admin features.

Natively, you simply need to activate local pickup and create a shipping profile without shipping rates. Before you do these though, you need to create a location exclusive to your pickup products, then you need to stock the pickup products there. If you need a guide in creating a location, you can refer to this page; and if you need a guide in stocking products, you can go over this page. Once you have a stocked pickup location, you may then activate local pickup with the steps below. 

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Scroll down to the Local pickup section, and click Manage beside the location where the pickup products are stocked.
  3. Check This location offers local pickup.
  4. Adjust the Expected pickup time and edit the Pickup instructions if necessary.
  5. Click Save.

Your customers will now be able to select pickup as the delivery method at the information page of the checkout. You can now proceed to create a separate shipping profile for the pickup products without shipping rates with the steps below. This is necessary as you also have products in your store that need to be shipped; the two types of products that are all currently in one general shipping profile need to be separated.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Click Create new profile beside Custom shipping rates.
  3. Enter the name of the shipping profile.
  4. Click Add products and select the products for pickup.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Leave everything else as is. Make sure there are no zones or rates.
  7. Click Save.

The products are now available for pickup only. Please note that the 'ship' delivery method will still appear at the checkout, but customers are presented with a message saying that the product can't be shipped on the next page. Additionally, it's important to note that products that require shipping and products that are pickup only can't be in the same cart. If a customer tries to check out with both types of products, then an error message displays that products are out of stock. Customers must complete two separate transactions, one with only the products that can be shipped and another with only the products for pickup. So customers are aware, you can add information about this in the product description of each pickup product.

You can decide between using the native steps for this setup or using an app. The apps shared have advanced features so it would be a different set of steps (possibly more streamlined) to enable products for pickup; however, they have subscription fees. If you have questions about the app features to help you decide on the best method, you may contact the app's support team by going to the Support section of the app listing.

I hope this helps! If anything is unclear or you have questions about the steps above, please don't hesitate to respond to this post.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BohoBungalow
Tourist
23 0 3

Hello! 

I know it has been a while but I'm hoping you can help me. I created a location as per your instruction for the products that require collection instore. It worked thankyou!

However I have noticed the products in the 'pick up location' are now not updating with my instore point of sale vend. So they stock levels are incorrect.

Is there a way to fix this?