Combined shipping rates don't match how I set them up

LLMusic
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

During a test run, I noticed that the shipping of my total order doesn't match how I set up my shipping costs. 

When I put just 1 item in the cart, the shipping is correct. When I add multiples of the same item from the same supplier, the shipping total is still correct. When I add multiple items from different suppliers, the shipping total is more expensive than the combined rates I have set up. All of the products I added to my cart have shipping prices based on price of product. 

Any suggestions of how I can solve this? What am I missing?

Thanks so much,

Lauren

Replies 3 (3)

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @LLMusic,

Did you create different shipping profiles for different sets of products?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
LLMusic
Visitor
2 0 0
Yes. I’m using Printify drop shipping for a variety of different items. I created different shipping profiles for each Printify supplier according to their suggested rates.

According to my math, the combined shipping from the different shipping profiles should add up to $18. When I tried my test order, Shopify is showing $26 for shipping.

What am I doing wrong?
Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

@LLMusic When using multiple shipping profiles, or having multiple locations within profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles or locations, this will result in combined rates at the checkout and the higher rate is considered and charged. Currently, the only available workaround would be to use an app to set up more specific shipping rules. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping