Combined Shipping Rates

Becky4
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Is there any way to easily combine shipping rates in checkout? I sell a variety of products, and if a customer buys something small, like a greeting card, I want to charge £1 for postage as it fits in a normal envelope with a  stamp. If they buy anything bigger, then my postage is £3.50. If they buy, for example, a card and a water bottle, I want to charge them at the higher rate, £3.50, not a combined rate of £4.50. This is simply becuase I can put all the items together in one box.

I have looked at a number of apps, and they all require me to have Shopify's Carrier Calculated Shipping switched on, and moslty seem very complicated for what I need. I don't want to pay a fortune for just combining shipping rates. Does anyone know a cheap app that just does this? Or is it easyish to do in Shopify's back end? I dont really know why it doesnt do it already, to be honest, I would imagine it's a fairly common request. Thanks

Replies 4 (4)
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

@Becky4 

You could look into using Shopify Profiles to create product-specific shipping rates which would combine shipping rates together. If shipping profiles don't meet your needs, then using a shipping app will be the best workaround. Most, if not all of these apps will require the "Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS)" feature. The CCS feature can be added to your account in three ways: 

1. $20/month add on feature 
  2. For free with an annual payment of your Shopify subscription (10% savings on your plan ontop of the $240 savings on the feature)
  3. For free if the account is upgraded to the "Advanced" plan for $299

To access the feature using the $20 add-on, or when you pay for your plan annually, you'll need to contact Shopify Support so they can enable the CCS feature on your account. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Becky4
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thanks for your reply

I don't think the shipping profiles will fix this becuase they still combine rates. All my products are in the same location, I just want to charge the highest price (£3.50) rather than add the rates together.

Is the Carrier Calcuated Shipping rates add on available in the UK?

Anindita
Shopify Partner
419 24 63
When using multiple shipping profiles, or having multiple locations within profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles or locations, this will result in combined rates at the checkout. At this time, there is no way to disable combined rates natively if you have multiple shipping profiles. Ultimately this feature is in place to ensure merchants don’t end up overpaying for shipping when customers order products from multiple profiles or locations. Currently, the only available workaround would be to use an app to set up more specific shipping rules. And Yes, Carrier calculated shipping feature is available in the UK. As Trevor said, the CCS feature can be added to your account in three ways.
  1. At an additional $20/month
  2. This feature is available for free with an annual payment of your Shopify subscription ( with an extra 10% savings on your plan)
  3. Available for free if the account is upgraded to the Advanced Shopify plan.
Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 740

Understood. The CCS feature can be added to any store, regardless of location. You'll need to contact Support if you wish to add the feature to your store. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog