Combining flat rate and per item shipping

GMerchJason
3 0 0

Hi there,

We currently charge $6 per order/cart for shipping. I'd like to switch to charging a flat $6 per cart plus $1 per item (after the first item) for shipping. For example,  1 item ordered = $6 shipping charge total, 2 items = $7 shipping charge total ($6 for the first item, $1 for the second item), 3 items = $8 shipping charge total, etc. 

I don't see a way to natively do this in Shopify -- any apps or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Reply 1 (1)
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 60

Hi @GMerchJason,

I definitely encourage you to check out these apps below - each one will allow you to create your own shipping rules, since what you're looking for is not currently available within your shipping profiles. 

It's worth noting that both of these apps (and likely any similar ones you'll find in our App Store), will require you to have third-party carrier-calculated shipping (CCS) enabled on your account. If you decide to install an app that requires CCS, let us know and we'll be happy to activate that feature on our end. Before we do, we only ask that your account be on an annual billing cycle (which will ultimately save you 10% on yearly subscription fees) or our Advanced plan. CCS can also be added to any plan (or billing cycle) for an additional fee - absolutely up to you!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about anything I've shared here. Take care!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog