Conditional payment based on shipping method

Conditional payment based on shipping method

nimpatzo
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello all,

I'm trying to show only certain payment methods based on the shipping method selected. 

I tried to find a solution but still don't see a possibility. 

I have read other posts also , in the past some coding did the trick but not possible any more.

Is that true? Is there no way to exclude some payment methods based on the shipping method selected?

The concept is:

I have in my cart a product costing 10$.

On shipping step: a choice is to be delivered with courier(+5$) and pay for the product upon deliveey directly to the courier which costs another 2$.

In total 10+5+2. This is shown corectly on shipping method selection step.

In the next step it is not nice to see all possible payment methods, for example  possible selection for credit card payment (this would be a possible selection if the product would be payed via credit in advance of delivery).

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance guys....

Replies 6 (6)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1548 44 346

If you are on Plus, you can use Scripts to modify the payment gateways: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/script-editor

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
nimpatzo
Visitor
2 0 2

I cannot understand why shopify has not fixed this issue yet. 
It is a common demand from many persons. And so many others that just skip Shopify and go for another platform.

Hey Shopify, Are you gonna fix this?

Please respond once clearly for all those persons asking again and again for it.

Thanks.

MiraPatil
Excursionist
79 0 5

Hello @nimpatzo ,

Do you mean to hide payment method based on what customer choose shipping method?

Ex: hide manual payment method COD if customer choose X shipping method.

Let me know.

stdamoul
Visitor
1 0 0

Is this possible?

To hide, for example, COD if customer choose X shipping method.

MiraPatil
Excursionist
79 0 5

Hello @stdamoul 

Of course.

MiraPatil_0-1686318534595.png

APP have option to hide COD by delivery title. 

AlexHeard
Shopify Partner
64 0 0

So, if I understand correctly, you want to hide the Credit Card payment option in the checkout if the customer chooses the "Pay upon delivery" shipping option because you need to collect the additional fees from the customers during delivery. If this is correct, you can easily achieve this using PayRules: Hide Payment Methods app.

For an example, we will hide the Stripe credit card option if the customer chooses the "Pay upon delivery" shipping option. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Choose Stripe from the Select payment methods field. If you don't see your payment option in this field. You can write your payment option name in the Additional payment methods field.
  2. Now write Pay upon delivery (if this is your shipping title) in the Shipping/Delivery titles field like the below screenshot.

pay-upon-delivery.png

Now your customers will not see the Stripe credit card option in the checkout page if they choose "Pay upon delivery" shipping option. I hope it helps. Thanks.