Covid Return to Sender Shipping Refund?

CGardner7
Visitor
1 0 0

I had an international package get returned to me with a hot pink label per https://www.usps.com/help/international-claims.htm How do I go about getting a refund for the shipment? Additionally, how do I purchase a new label with a different shipping provider? Thanks.

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @CGardner7.

Did you purchase your shipping label via Shopify Shipping on your Shopify admin? If so, you can contact our Support Team so that we can take a closer look at your account and order to see how we can best proceed with this. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums at this time, you can visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request.

With purchasing a new label, if a shipping label hasn't been used or scanned yet by the shipping carrier, there will be an option within the specific order on your Shopify admin to void the shipping label. If this option is greyed out, this means that the label has been used and therefore won't be able to be voided. Consequently you also won't be able to directly purchase a new label from within the same order page. The workaround for this is to create a draft order for the same customer and products (you'll need to discount the products down to $0 to keep your accounting correct), and then purchase and print a new shipping label from there.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog