Credit Card Rejection

Rafay_Mohsin
2 0 0

Hi there!
I am having problem with adding my debit card with shopify account as it is a VISA card and i am adding in correct details.

Replies 3 (3)
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 142 83

Hey, @Rafay_Mohsin! Welcome to Shopify Community!

I'd love to help you with your billing concern. Could you please provide additional context on the problem you're encountering when adding your Visa debit card? Are you encountering an error message while attempting to do so? If so, what does the error message say?

Feel free to go through our BIlling FAQ to ensure that the payment method you're using is supported on our platform. If it is and you're still encountering an issue, please respond with further details and I'll continue helping you then. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rafay_Mohsin
2 0 0

Hi.
Thanks for the response. I am attaching the file below so that you can see what error i am experiencing. Although i am using a VISA debit card which has every transaction enabled from the bank already and i have used this card on other online stores/websites as well.

Capture.JPG

Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 142 83

Thanks for sharing the screenshot of the error, @Rafay_Mohsin.

Have you reached out to your bank or credit card company after the unsuccessful attempt to enter your card details? If you haven't yet, I recommend doing so as this error is typically an indication that they are unable to verify the charge on their end. You may speak to them and have them confirm the following:

• That your credit card allows recurring payments in USD
  • That your credit card has international capabilities
  • That the credit card information you're entering exactly matches what's on file with them

We'll need to ensure the above and the requirements stated in our Billing FAQ in order for the credit card to work properly. If the bank or credit card company has advised that the requirements have been met and you're still unable to enter your card details, I suggest creating a support ticket so we can access your account and take a look at your billing information. You can do this by visiting https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V. Please inform the support advisor you speak to that you have reached out to your bank and advise them about the details the bank has confirmed so we can investigate.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog