Solved

Custom Cash on Delivery (COD) only for some products

Creativex
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if the Cash on Delivery payment method is possible to make it customizable to some products, not all of them, and how can I do this.

I sell some digital products that don't need any shipment. But I also sell physical products that can be shipped with Cash on Delivery payment method.

Please let me know if there is a solution, or any app.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Creativex 

Unfortunately it's not possible to limit Cash on Delivery on Shopify's Checkout for only specific products or collections.

The only way to limit COD to only specific products is using a separate order form to collect Cash on Delivery orders on your store. If you use our app QuickForm you will be able to create a separate order form for your Cash on Delivery orders and you can limit the form to only the products that allow COD on the Visibility page here:

MarcoReleasit_1-1637742518552.png

With this solution COD will only be available for the products you want because your customers will use our order form if they want to pay with Cash on Delivery and for products that do not allow COD your customers will use the normal Shopify Checkout to pay with other payment methods.

You can install QuickForm for free from the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form (you can also find a demo store on the App Store where you will be able to try the app)

If you need help or you have any doubts or questions you can always contact me back, we offer 24/7 support via email, WhatsApp and Telegram!

Hope this helps!

Marco

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Creativex 

Unfortunately it's not possible to limit Cash on Delivery on Shopify's Checkout for only specific products or collections.

The only way to limit COD to only specific products is using a separate order form to collect Cash on Delivery orders on your store. If you use our app QuickForm you will be able to create a separate order form for your Cash on Delivery orders and you can limit the form to only the products that allow COD on the Visibility page here:

MarcoReleasit_1-1637742518552.png

With this solution COD will only be available for the products you want because your customers will use our order form if they want to pay with Cash on Delivery and for products that do not allow COD your customers will use the normal Shopify Checkout to pay with other payment methods.

You can install QuickForm for free from the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form (you can also find a demo store on the App Store where you will be able to try the app)

If you need help or you have any doubts or questions you can always contact me back, we offer 24/7 support via email, WhatsApp and Telegram!

Hope this helps!

Marco

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)
Creativex
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you @MarcoReleasit . It worked. It's a great solution!

akbarmohammad
Visitor
1 0 0

Great product I must say! I saw your demo store and the form looks great. So what if someone wants to add multiple products in a cart and wants to use both cash on delivery and Credit card payment methods, what will be the process of one's checkout completion? 
I'll be grateful if you could answer this 🙂

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

Hello @akbarmohammad 

If you have selected on the app the products for which you want to enable COD then the COD form will only appear if the cart contains only products where COD is allowed

Customer can obviously still pay with card using Shopify checkout and the checkout button on your cart

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you have any doubts! 🙂

Marco from Releasit

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi there, @Creativex!

Thank you for your post — I'm happy to look into this with you.

I did some digging into manual payments and the customization options available, and it doesn't look like there is currently a way to restrict Cash on Delivery to certain products within the admin. Given your experience here I can see why this would be a useful feature so I have gone ahead and shared your feedback as well as submitted a future feature request with our development team on your behalf. You can keep an eye on the Shopify Changelog to stay up to date on platform updates and new features. 

@MarcoReleasit's app is definitely a great solution, and I'm so glad that works for you! 

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog