Solved

Customer accidentally chose free delivery instead of pickup

Thaliah
Visitor
1 0 0

How do I change an order from free delivery to local pickup? It has not been fulfilled yet. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Thaliah 

Changing the delivery method on an order within Shopify is not possible once it has been placed. You can change the items, etc, but not the delivery method. 

What I would suggest here is creating a draft order and sending it to the customer to agree to, or you can simply send an invoice to the customer for the price of local pickup. 

To learn how to create and send a draft order and invoice from your admin you can read up on this process here.

Can you let me know if this solution works for you? Would this be possible to solve this with this customer through email instead?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Thaliah 

Changing the delivery method on an order within Shopify is not possible once it has been placed. You can change the items, etc, but not the delivery method. 

What I would suggest here is creating a draft order and sending it to the customer to agree to, or you can simply send an invoice to the customer for the price of local pickup. 

To learn how to create and send a draft order and invoice from your admin you can read up on this process here.

Can you let me know if this solution works for you? Would this be possible to solve this with this customer through email instead?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.