FROM CACHE - en_header

Customer Asked to enter billing address every time he purchased "Shared computer"

Solved
Ram_A
Excursionist
34 2 4

Hi guys,

If the browser saving cash is not an option in a shared computer, is there any way ( code or app) to save the customer default billing into its account for future purchase?

I am targeting group of customers who are using "shared computers" at work to place the orders, selling a workplace Meals, so the customer will likely ordering every day. A weekly subscription is not an option right now.

I am testing Shopify right now, and at checkout my store asked to enter the billing address every time a customer placed an order! is that normal?

note that:
Shopify Pay is not supported in my country.

the billing address for most of our customer is likely not same as the shipping address, so the "use as shipping address" is not a choice as well.

Thanks,

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
934 117 174

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ram_A.

If the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default selection isn't enabled on your store, then customers are asked to enter a billing address during checkout. Fore more information though, customers do have a way to save their information for a faster checkout next time they shop on your store. However, this information isn't stored within Shopify but rather the customer's own browser. So like you mentioned, this wouldn't be an option if a customer is using a shared computer. You can find more information about this on our help guide here.

Shop Pay would be the other option here, as it allows customer to save their shipping and billing information for faster checkout. But seeing as this isn't an option for you, due to region restriction, perhaps there's a third-party payment gateway similar to Shop Pay that you can use.

What do you currently use on your store to accept payments? If you have PayPal enabled on your store, customers should be able to checkout using PayPal Express, which will save them time from having to complete their information upon checkout as PayPal would have already saved their account information. Take a look at our guide on PayPal here, if you don't already have this payment gateway installed on your store.

The other alternative here is that you can always enable the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default option on your store's Settings > Checkout and accounts section if you'd like. It will save time for those customers who do have the same shipping and billing address, but for customers who have different addresses the system still allows them to edit the billing address, as seen on the image below.

29-46-70087-14962.png

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
934 117 174

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ram_A.

If the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default selection isn't enabled on your store, then customers are asked to enter a billing address during checkout. Fore more information though, customers do have a way to save their information for a faster checkout next time they shop on your store. However, this information isn't stored within Shopify but rather the customer's own browser. So like you mentioned, this wouldn't be an option if a customer is using a shared computer. You can find more information about this on our help guide here.

Shop Pay would be the other option here, as it allows customer to save their shipping and billing information for faster checkout. But seeing as this isn't an option for you, due to region restriction, perhaps there's a third-party payment gateway similar to Shop Pay that you can use.

What do you currently use on your store to accept payments? If you have PayPal enabled on your store, customers should be able to checkout using PayPal Express, which will save them time from having to complete their information upon checkout as PayPal would have already saved their account information. Take a look at our guide on PayPal here, if you don't already have this payment gateway installed on your store.

The other alternative here is that you can always enable the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default option on your store's Settings > Checkout and accounts section if you'd like. It will save time for those customers who do have the same shipping and billing address, but for customers who have different addresses the system still allows them to edit the billing address, as seen on the image below.

29-46-70087-14962.png

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog