Customer chose local delivery, now wants order shipped

NineAmulets
Excursionist
54 0 12

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your prior reply, it solved the problem. I have another problem. A customer purchased an item via local delivery. Later she changed her mind and wanted it shipped. I cannot find anyway to print a shipping label for this order. I've tried to duplicate the order but it does not let me do it. 

Thank you

Reply 1 (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @NineAmulets!

I'm glad to hear my previous reply was helpful, and I'm happy to assist with this additional situation. I understand a customer chose the local pickup option for their order, but now would instead like it to be shipped to them. The best way to manage this is going to be by using a Draft Order. There are a couple ways to proceed with a Draft Order solution, and it's up to you to choose which way you want to go. Here are some options: 

• One option is to cancel and refund the entire order, and re-create it as a Draft Order with shipping included. You could then send that invoice to the customer to re-complete payment and correct their order. I advised contacting the customer first if you choose this option to give them the heads up. That way there's no confusion as to why they need to pay again. 
  • Another option is to re-create the customers order as a draft order, but fully discount the product. It's up to you if you want to eat the shipping cost in this case, or still send the customer an invoice just for the shipping cost (again, I advise contacting the customer either way to make sure there's no surprises). Once the Draft Order is complete and you've either accepted payment for it or marked it as paid, you will be able to fulfill it and generate a shipping label from it as you normally would. 

Let me know if you need any assistance with using the Draft Order feature, I'll be happy to help out further! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.