Solved

Customer hasn't received refund

ShemsBoutique
Visitor
2 0 1

I refunded my customer over a week ago and she is saying she hasn't received it

How can I confirm the refund has been sent out from my side? I can see the process refund processed successfully on my timeline 

If the customer claims they haven't received the refund - who is responsible to investigate? 

refund2.JPG

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ShemsBoutique

June here from Shopify.

Thanks so much for including your screenshot, that's incredibly helpful.

How soon after processing payment for the order was it refunded? I ask because if the refund took place within 24-72 hours of the original payment, it will more likely than not have been processed as a Reversal - in which case your customer will not see the amount credited to them, but instead the original charge removed from their bank statement entirely.

Assuming this is a standard refund, the expected time frame is 5-10 business days. With that in mind, we can still expect your customer to receive their refund by June 7th.

That said, if for whatever reason they have not, please contact our support team via our Help Center so that we can provide you with the refund's ARN (acquirer reference number). Your customer can then share this number with their credit card company to locate the refund.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ShemsBoutique

June here from Shopify.

Thanks so much for including your screenshot, that's incredibly helpful.

How soon after processing payment for the order was it refunded? I ask because if the refund took place within 24-72 hours of the original payment, it will more likely than not have been processed as a Reversal - in which case your customer will not see the amount credited to them, but instead the original charge removed from their bank statement entirely.

Assuming this is a standard refund, the expected time frame is 5-10 business days. With that in mind, we can still expect your customer to receive their refund by June 7th.

That said, if for whatever reason they have not, please contact our support team via our Help Center so that we can provide you with the refund's ARN (acquirer reference number). Your customer can then share this number with their credit card company to locate the refund.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ShemsBoutique
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks a lot for the reply. We will inform the customer to wait until 7th June. 

The refund was processed after a couple of weeks of the order so wouldn't be a reversal.

Regards, 

sfa98
Tourist
6 0 2

Did the customer end up getting the refund? Currently going through this same situation. I issued a refund to a customer on dec19 and they are saying they havent gotten it yet.

lshackelford
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue, I had a customer who was refunded on 12/4 and hasn't received their refund.  I hope this gets resolved.

sfa98
Tourist
6 0 2

I know right. Shopify is making us merchants look terrible to our customers! Someone from shopify needs to fix this ASAP