Solved

Customer money went to my personal paypal not business paypal account

ShopDude72
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi,

I have a customer that made a purchase on my Shopify store using PayPal. I didn't have the Paypal Express Checkout setup so the customers money was sent to my personal Paypal account that has my personal email. I don't want money being sent to my personal Paypal account- I want the money being sent to my business Paypal account that has my business email. So I went through the Paypal Express Checkout setup with my business email and successfully created a business PayPal account that is now linked to my Shopify store. I denied the purchase from my personal PayPal account and resent the invoice to the customer.

Shopify still says "Complete the setup of your PayPal Express gateway o complete this transaction. confirm the payment is completed before fulfilling this order". It also still says "Payment is pending".

But I already completed the setup. I guess its complaining that it wants to do things with my personal paypal and email. I can I do to resolve this issue?

Accepted Solution (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

In your PayPal Payment Settings (Settings > Payments > PayPal), can you ensure you've clicked on Complete account setup please?

If this has been completely set up, and you're still receiving this error message, this is normal behaviour. You will need to wait for another order to be made with PayPal. If everything is correct, the warning banners should then be removed. You also may want to create a new Draft Order and send the customer an entirely new invoice if they have not yet made the new payment. We have a guide here on Creating Draft Orders.

If the payment continues to stay in a pending status, please reach out to the PayPal Support here as they will be better suited to provide you with an ETA on the payment status.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

In your PayPal Payment Settings (Settings > Payments > PayPal), can you ensure you've clicked on Complete account setup please?

If this has been completely set up, and you're still receiving this error message, this is normal behaviour. You will need to wait for another order to be made with PayPal. If everything is correct, the warning banners should then be removed. You also may want to create a new Draft Order and send the customer an entirely new invoice if they have not yet made the new payment. We have a guide here on Creating Draft Orders.

If the payment continues to stay in a pending status, please reach out to the PayPal Support here as they will be better suited to provide you with an ETA on the payment status.

ShopDude72
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Nia,

I created the Draft Order for the customer and now I see the funds in the proper PayPal account. Thank you so much for your help!

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

I'm glad it's all sorted now! We're always here to help!

Have a fantastic week!