Customer only charged shipping on 1 item in cart when it should have been charged on 2 items

HEOS_Cookstown
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Folks,

I have 1 customer shipping rate setup called large box and have assigned the products that fall under this rate, everything else is correctly setup under the general shipping rate.

I have received an order that contained 2 products that are setup as large box, the system charged shipping for just 1 large box and not 2.

Any tips on what I should be looking for to fix this. We do have free shipping on orders over $500 in the general rate and the combined total was over $500, could this be where the problem lies. My understanding that any products will be ignored under the general rate if the are specified under the custom rate.

Thanks in advance, Ian

Reply 1 (1)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 97 194

Hi, @HEOS_Cookstown.

Thanks for the question! This is difficult to answer directly as we would need more context on your rates, or access to your admin. However, I have a slight idea of what could be happening here. 

From the sounds of it, it seems like expected behaviour as Shopify doesn't currently have the option of quantity based rates. This means that even though your customer purchased two products from the same shipping profile, it would only display the applicable rate. 

There is a work around for achieving quantity based rates, which is to add weight based conditions to your rates. For example, if your products each weight 1 lb, you would set a new rate per additional 1 lb. It would look something like this:Sonic Air Styler - Create profile - Shopify 2022-02-22 14-43-36.png

I hope that helps! If not, please provide a bit more context. A screenshot of your shipping profile for these products would be fantastic. Just make sure to remove any sensitive account information from the screenshot before uploading. I would also love to hear more about your business! What types of products are you selling?

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog