Customer Paid BUT no orders show up or any record of transaction on my end

GoldenStatePrin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I sent my customer an invoice internally for a new order. She processed the payment for the invoice, she was charged twice for the order, BUT i have not received it as an order in my Shopify store and it doesn't not show any failed attempts to process the invoice within my store. So I cant refund anything or get her money back. Where did the payment go or how can i fix this issue?

I recently changed my stores email address, could this have anything to do with the issue or not related at all? It hasn't been an issue with any other customers, specifically this one instance.

9CD83AEA-FB42-42B7-B771-65195DC83BCC.jpeg

Replies 4 (4)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @GoldenStatePrin. Welcome to the Community; Thanks for reaching out about this!

When you say you sent your customer an invoice internally, does that mean you created a Draft order and emailed the invoice? If so, that order will be found in ‘Orders > Drafts’ until either:

1. Your customer pays for it by following the link to the checkout in the invoice email sent
  2. After sending the invoice, you choose the payment to be 'Mark as pending’

The above actions will turn the Draft into an Order. However, let me know if you still aren’t able to find it in your Draft order list, and we can troubleshoot this further. 

That all being said though, looking at the screenshot you shared of your customer’s credit card statement (thanks for the screenshot, by the way!), I can see that a payment of $189.60 was indeed processed. But then the payment was ‘reversed’ as seen below. 

03-54-44399-93431

Checkcard reversals tend to be initiated by the customer, so you can recommend to your customer that they contact their bank to discuss what happened with the transaction, and to confirm that they were not charged for it. Furthermore, another way to double check this from your end is to view your payouts to see if the payment was deposited into your bank account.

I know how important it is to maintain a good relationship with your customers, so please let me know if this helps, what you find, or if you have any further questions. I’m here to help make sure this gets resolved.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Steve_Godreau
Tourist
3 0 1

The exact same thing happened today to us. I have tried all of the steps above. My customer called his bank who told him that "the vendor" (us) has to reverse it but we only have a lonely little unpaid draft in draft orders. Any ideas?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi again, @GoldenStatePrin. I just wanted to follow up with you about this to see if you were able to get this clarified with your customer, and track down the order in your admin? Let me know!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jesse1fastsupra
Visitor
2 0 0

same thing is happening to me now