Customer Refund Not Yet Received

AvalonLavender
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi There -

We issued a refund to a customer on Sunday at 4PM - It's now Wednesday at 9AM and they say the money has not been put back on their Visa, according to her bank. She is asking us to issue the refund again.

Have we done this incorrectly? I don't want this person to be out of their money, but I also don't want to issue a double refund if this is just a processing time issue. Please help ASAP.

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @AvalonLavender.

Thanks for bringing your question to our Community forum. I can definitely understand the importance of your customer receiving their refund. Let me point you in the right direction! 

Please know that due to bank processing time, it may take up to 5-10 days for the refund to be fully processed and posted to the customer's credit card statement. If the purchase was processed through Shopify Payments using VISA, you should see an ARN (Acquirer Reference Number) in the order timeline. To find it, navigate to the order the refund was processed on and scroll down to the timeline. The ARN will be visible under the line with the refund details, as shown in the screenshot below:

You can provide the ARN to your customer, to share with their credit card company for more information. If you see the ARN number, this means the refund has been processed from our side. If you're having trouble locating this, you can reach out to our support team and they will be able to look into the status of the refund. Currently, we cannot provide account-specific support in the Community. However, our support team will be happy to help. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support', and then click 'Continue.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that. I'm more than happy to continue to help. 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @AvalonLavender.

Just checking in to ensure that you receive the support you need. If you have any questions or need clarification, please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog