Customer says they did not receive a refund

sweetcw
Tourist
5 0 1

A reputable customer says they did not receive a refund. According to the transaction, it was successful. I have the transaction ID from the Shopify order and can view all of the details, how can I go about confirming the refund was successful? Is there someone at Shopify Payments that can confirm the refund went through?

Thank you

Reply 1 (1)

Finley
Shopify Staff (Retired)
201 26 45

Hey @sweetcw!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out.

I understand that you refunded an order placed through the Shopify Payments gateway. To confirm, can you see the successful refund from the Order's timeline like so?

21-04-0xro8-v53a9.

If yes, there are a couple of possible explanations:

1) Was the refund processed within 72 hours of the initial payment? In this case, the refund was likely processed as a reversal. It would be best to have the customer review their banking activity again. They may not see funds added to their account, but the initial charge could be removed.

2) How long ago was the refund processed? It's good to keep in mind that your customer may not see the amount credited to their account for up to 10 business days.

If the customer is unable to find the reversal and the refund is not credited 10 business days after the refund was processed, our financial team can investigate this issue.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Our team will be able to help you from there.

Thank you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.