Customers Being Charged Double Shipping

LongBeachLTD
1 0 0

I am selling products through two separate POD providers (Printful and SPOD). I have a basic shipping structure: $5 per order (up to $55); $7.50 per order ($55.01-$99.99); Free Shipping on orders $100+.

However, if a customer purchases two items (one from Printful and one from SPOD), they are being charged $10 ($5 per item). This doesn't make any sense. How can I have Shopify charge based on total cart value, ignoring the multiple vendors fulfilling the orders?

HELP!

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 5.32.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-28 at 5.31.57 PM.png

Replies 7 (7)
laura40
Tourist
4 0 8

I'm having this problem too and have spent WEEKS trying to get help from Shopify but just keep getting passed through different customer service people and no real solution.

Johanna2
Explorer
43 0 30

We do have exact the same problem. Shopify support was suggesting various apps, but none of them could handle this. We're fortunate, we asked before installing them.

We have one brick and mortar location and one workspace to accommodate. Also, we ship from very small items up to furniture which go by expedition. 

Our customers should only get charged once, although their products come from different locations.

For us, the best solution would be if Shopify would just charge based on weight in sum. 

laura40
Tourist
4 0 8

I agree with you @Johanna2 !! 

We have 8 stores which we wish to have click and collect setup. We use two stores to dispatch - however, we do not split orders and even if we did the customer would still only be charged the flat rate shipping. We only have two shipping options flat rate and free for over $100. We have tried so many different ways to only have people charged once. The only reason we have the multiple stores is so that we can survive Christmas during COVID in Melbourne. 

We recently changed our Click and Collect option from the integrated way Shopify has it set up to a shipping option which is now causing customers to select it when they actually want the items shipped as it defaults to Click and Collect as it's free compared to our standard shipping option. This is becoming a nightmare and given the times with COVID we really need to do whatever we can to generate sales + make it easy for staff. SHOPIFY PLEASE FIX THIS!

Johanna2
Explorer
43 0 30

@laura40,

we had that set-up with click and collect as a free shipping option before and indeed, it was a nightmare. People chose it from all over the country - although we clearly wrote our location. 
We wished, we could set up a flat rate shipping. But it's not possible for us, because our product sizes differ so much an we ship worldwide most of our products. 

Hope, Shopify is coming up with a solution timely. Christmas is ahead. 

laura40
Tourist
4 0 8
Fingers crossed!
Even flat rate doesn’t work unfortunately
KetoStore
Tourist
4 0 2

Similar issue here:
I'm having an issue whereby the system is combining shipping rates for different products, rather than applying simply the highest rate.

I have:
Standard Shipping for $4.50, 1 to 380 grams in weight
Small Box Shipping for $8.00, 381 to 800 grams, and
Large Box Shipping for $10.-, 801 to 2400 grams

I've set up a rule whereby when a customer orders a product which is a liquid, it goes to the Small Box rate directly. However, if someone orders other products which should go in the Standard Shipping AND a liquid, the site is combining the rates into a total of $12.50. This is obviously not desirable.
It should just default to the rate of Small Box at $8, and if they should order a large enough quantity, it goes up to Large Box of $10.

There has to be a way to make this work without penalising the customer, or losing out on a sale? I mean, nobody wants that, and neither does Shopify want to lose revenue, right?

SelenaG
1 0 0

was this issue ever resolved? I am now running into this issue