Customers having issues with AmEx and CVV code at checkout.

Customers having issues with AmEx and CVV code at checkout.

markbiof
Tourist
4 0 0

We use Authorize.net and do not have Shop Pay or Shopify Payments enabled. Starting yesterday, we had multiple customers that could not checkout with their AmEx. Normally with an AmEx, you would put in the 4-digit code from the front of the card. This was not working. However, we found that when we input the 3-digit code from the back, it would take. Unfortunately, the website is instructing people to input the 4-digit code (which is normal) and is causing customer frustration and lost conversion. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Replies 8 (8)

richpage
Tourist
3 0 2

We are experiencing the same issue today, I submitted a support ticket and we're hoping for a prompt resolution.

markbiof
Tourist
4 0 0

Did you hear anything back or get a resolution?

richpage
Tourist
3 0 2

Nothing yet...

RicoisRichard
Shopify Partner
12 0 5

Corporate AMEX cards also rejected for us. This seems to be a known issue Shopify has not solved.

Can someone from Shopify jump in here? Anyone? We're loosing money in abandoned checkouts, and frustrated customers. Not cool.

Ellen-Spinster
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue here...Still happening 6 months later.  Seems to me Shopify doesn't find this to be a problem.....despite multiple people having issues.  

RicoisRichard
Shopify Partner
12 0 5
use the amex 4 digit code, not the 3 digit ccv

netgains_org
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Agree to this, This is extremely frustrating as Shopify checkout process is controlled by them, hence the Amex cards with 4 digit CVV can not go though. A simple validation to allow 4 digits instead of 3 digits based on the card time can solve this issue and ensure conversion for Amex customers as well. Strange a platform like Shopify didn't think of this simple thing to halt Amex customers with 4 digit CVV to make a purchase from millions of Shopify stores out there.  Hope someone from Shopify team can help resolve this, I am raising a ticket on this and will keep you guys posted.

lccconcept
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I have the same issue. Amex payment is not accepting 4-digits CVV. If I enter a 3-digits code, the error message disappears. I just raised a ticket and will keep you updated. The Customer Service representative from Shopify experienced the same issue while testing payment with an Amex card.