Damaged Cardboard packaging from suppliers - how to improve unboxing expierience

Bik123
Excursionist
31 0 5

Hello,

Any suggestion for improving low quality cardboard packaging before sending out to the customer.

Supplier is sending me the products in damaged boxes (it seems that they are reused second time). 

Quick fix would be to order new boxes and repackage product before sending to the customer.

The thing is that my products are bulky and customized boxes are expensive + not sure if I'll be selling product long term and MOQ for customized boxes is pretty high.

Any suggestion how to improve unboxing expierence except of stretch wrap which is not glued to cardboard?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hi, @Bik123

Thanks for bringing your question to us, it’s a great one! This is Luna here from Shopify, and I’m happy to provide some suggestions. 

Purchasing brand new packaging can definitely get pricy, so let me share some ways that you can improve your current boxes. Let's take a look at a few examples, such as: 

• Tissue paper: Wrapping your products in tissue paper adds an extra level of excitement by building another layer of anticipation into the unboxing experience. 
  • Stickers: Stickers are an inexpensive way to personalize your packaging. You can add them outside the box, include them as a little gift, or seal the tissue paper together! 
  • Custom note: Depending on the number of orders you are shipping, including a handwritten note is one of the best ways to connect with your customers. They show customers that you really care and that there are real people powering your brand. 
  • Promotional material or business card: Including a business card in your order, is another cost-effective way to add a small personalized touch. They can also be a great place to add a promotion or discount for your next purchase. 
  • Sample or gift: Adding a sample or gift to the order can distract from the box itself, and really make the customer feel appreciated. 

I think the overall theme to consider is personalization. Without ordering entirely new boxes, there are ways you can distract by adding small touches. Something as simple as adding colored tape can make a world of a difference. I found this great blog article that has some more suggestions, resources, and examples to check out here: Product Packaging

What type of products do you sell? Do you have a strong sense of branding? These are great things to consider when deciding what personalization strategy to use.

Looking forward to hearing more about your business,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey there, @Bik123.

Luna here! Just checking in to ensure you receive all the help you need. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog