DHL Remote area's

JRT1
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hello community,

I am seeking a solution to our problem. We primarily use DHL for shipments within Europe, and DHL imposes a Remote Areas Surcharge, which is essentially an additional fee we must pay when customers from certain areas make purchases. When we were using Lightspeed, we passed this fee on to our customers.

As we transition to Shopify, we are in need of a method to apply a flat rate if customers enter their address and the postal code matches that of a Remote Area. We don't require any complex shipping apps; a simple workflow like the one outlined below would be ideal:

1. Check if the customer lives in the specified postal code.

2. If yes, add an extra flat rate to the price above the normal shipping cost.

3. If no, the customer pays the regular shipping price.

Does anyone have a solution for us?

Thanks in advance!

Replies 2 (2)

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
369 39 65

Hello @JRT1 ,

You may create a zone with all specified postal codes and define a shipping cost. However, you have to define the complete rates here, not additional charges. Also, it may be a tough task to prepare a zone that covers all remote areas.

This is where an app with DHL Express integration becomes handy, offering live rates based on different parameters, including remote areas.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
JRT1
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hi @Mirdas, thanks for your reply.

How do I create a zone with specific postal codes? As of now It looks like I am only able to add shipping costs on specific zones. E.g. countries with some of them specific cities. It would indeed be a workaround to prepare the zones but it would atleast solve the problem.

Thanks!