FROM CACHE - en_header

Different shipping costs for different variant.

Matchbloc
3 0 0

Hi all,

Can anyone go through how to apply different shipping costs to a product with different variants. I've looked but can't find a solution but am sure it can be done. Thanks.

Reply 1 (1)
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
633 55 93

Hi, @Matchbloc!

Mac from Shopify here! Thanks for posting this question. Currently, there are a few methods in which this feature can be implemented, and I’m happy to share some more details on this with you. 

You can use custom shipping profiles to create shipping rates based on products, location, or a combination of the two. In this case, we’re looking to create a product based shipping profile that only features the selected variants from the product. When you add a product to the custom profile, it is automatically removed from the general shipping profile, so you don’t have to worry about having the product on multiple profiles. Essentially, you will set up multiple profiles with the desired variants to control the shipping cost you would like to charge. If this interests you, feel free to check out our help document here which shows you how to create a shipping profile. 

Alternatively, a commonly used method to achieve variant-specific shipping rates would be through the Better Shipping or Bespoke Shipping apps on our App Store. They offer another solution to add this functionality to your store, allowing you to set shipping rates that suit your business, and to set individual shipping rates for each product or variant in your store.

Can you tell me a little bit about why you’re hoping to charge different shipping rates per variant? Have you thought about making the price a core component of your shipping strategy? This will allow you to offer free shipping, all while maintaining profits. To learn more about this, please visit our Shopify Blog here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog