Solved

Digital Download - Checkout prompting for buyer mailing address

bodywellness
Tourist
8 1 4

Hi, 

I recently added 2 digital files to my online store. I unchecked the "This is a physical product" box and tested the download but I'm being prompted to enter the mailing/shipping address. How can I fix this>

Thanks,

LaToya

Accepted Solution (1)

CarrieS
Tourist
4 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

The only way you can fix it is to upgrade to shopify plus.   

To me, this seems like something that can cause legit issues for digital product sellers.  There is no good reason why we need to collect this data, but we are forced to.   I came here today looking to see if perhaps someone has changed their minds finally with all of the privacy and data collection regulations, but NOPE.  

I would have chosen another shopping cart system had i knew before i invested so much time setting everything up. 

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

CarrieS
Tourist
4 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

The only way you can fix it is to upgrade to shopify plus.   

To me, this seems like something that can cause legit issues for digital product sellers.  There is no good reason why we need to collect this data, but we are forced to.   I came here today looking to see if perhaps someone has changed their minds finally with all of the privacy and data collection regulations, but NOPE.  

I would have chosen another shopping cart system had i knew before i invested so much time setting everything up. 

bodywellness
Tourist
8 1 4

Thanks Carrie.