Can Shopify directly distribute customer payments to multiple vendors?

cnk
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello everyone! I have a client that wants to have their vendors (Two) get paid after customer transaction. The current method they do is manually sort their SKUs then divy it out to each after shopify releases funds to the main account.

Example: The shopify tied bank we'll call Bank A. The two vendors they want paid Bank B and Bank C. 

As far as I understand. Funds must always hit bank A  before splitting to Bank B and Bank C.

The client demands that instead of having it go to Bank A, they want it to automatically released to Bank B and Bank C. 

Anyone know of a solution that can answer their demand?

Thank you

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @cnk!

Thanks for getting in touch with your query!

As I understand it, you would like the option for the customers' payment to go directly to the suppliers or vendors rather than going through the flow of customer payment > payouts > payment to vendor, is that correct?

While some great feedback here, this is currently not possible via Shopify payments. Is it specifically Shopify Payments you would like this feature for, or payment gateways in general? If you could let me know, then I would be happy to add this as feedback for our developers.

That being said, other payment gateways may allow this option along with the help of a third party app like Vendor Payout here at this link.  For example, they mention PayPal payouts as a feature. I also came across another app for you too called CollabPay which helps with splitting profits, learn more about this app here.

I hope the above has been illuminating, but please let me know if that is not what you're looking for. By the way, are you a Shopify Partner or Expert, as you seem to be working with clients?

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cnk
Visitor
3 0 0
Its a side gig I do on top of my normal job. I've made e-commerce website
before using WordPress but recently explored Shopify due to client choice.
Shopify is slightly less customizable from a seller's point of view.

Totally understand why though and it's a nice system.

I think I've looked at these options before. To my understanding:

The money goes into the tied shopify account and then gets automated to
transfer to vendor account.

I think if you only use PayPal gateway only it's possible, but then they
couldn't use shopify payments.

If not the case, please let me know!

Client doesn't care about the convenience factor of automation. They
acknowledge it's nice but sees no reason to pay for a service that does
what he manually does for free.

Before shopify they used PayPal exclusively and used Angelleye on their
WordPress.

So I'm kinda stuck. I've thought of work arounds like a second store with
same theme, but that's more expenses and checkout would be two carts
instead of one

Client is iron fist and frugal. It's do or die lol

Thank you so much for helping!
Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @cnk!

Thanks for the detailed response, and it sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy, which is great to hear!

To be clear, merchants aren't able to pay their fulfillment services, suppliers/vendors, or on-demand apps from their Shopify Payments account and then deduct the amount paid from their payout. This might be possible with other payment gateways, but for the moment not with Shopify Payments. Let me know if you would like me to add this as feedback for your client, though!

By the way, are you aware of our Partner program here? Our Shopify Partner program is open to designers, developers, marketers, and affiliates who use the Shopify platform to build ecommerce websites, themes, and apps. So check it out if you haven't already!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog