Disable Cash on Delivery (International order)

lazor123
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi,

Although we note the customer that COD/CASH ON DELIVERY available only for domestic shipping. They insist  to select that payment method! 

We want be able to prevent international or specific country from COD/CASH ON DELIVERY.

Thanks in advance

France

Replies 8 (8)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

hi, @lazor123 

We are a Shopify agency. we will help you to disable the COD.

if you are looking to get the solution please contact us.

at www.zworthkey.com and official@zworthkey.com

Thank you

lazor123
Visitor
2 0 3

Thanks Zworthkey,

I am not looking to disable COD, I was asking if we can restrict COD as per country location, since many customers choose COD for International Purchases!

If you can help let us know

Regards... 

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@lazor123 thanks, we will help you to restrict the COD for the country-wise Restriction.

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 60

Hi LAZAPARIS

Unfortunately it's not possible to disable COD for specific countries. Payment methods in Shopify are global, so if you enable a payment method it will be available for every country where your customers checkout.

You did the right thing by adding a note telling your customers that COD is available only in a few countries, unfortunately you will have to cancel all orders placed with COD in the countries you don't support.

I suggest you try to be more aggressive in the messaging, for example say clearly that COD is available only in countries X Y Z and all orders from different countries will be canceled.

Let me know if this helps!

Marco

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)

sheril_mohd
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you find the solution for this problem ??

Kai33
Excursionist
18 1 2

Hi @sheril_mohd 

Previously you could only achieve this with Shopify Plus, but now you can do it using the Kip: Customize Payment Methods app, which let's you hide payment methods like Cash on Delivery depending on conditions like country, location, language,  province,  zip code, etc.

In this case, you can create a rule to hide Cash On Delivery on all countries except on your domestic shipping country.

I hope you find it helpful!

motoexperience
Visitor
1 0 1

yep, seems to work just fine. nice plugin

CodeComedian
40 0 1

To prevent international customers or specific countries from selecting COD/Cash on Delivery while allowing it for domestic shipping, the KlinKode PayRules app can help. It enables you to customize payment options based on customer location, effectively restricting certain payment methods for selected regions.

Find more details here: https://apps.shopify.com/klinkode-payrules

And for guidance on setting it up, check this out:

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.