Disable/Remove Shop Pay

TiyeH
Tourist
4 0 2

How can I remove Shop Pay payment option from my store? I do not use Shopify Payments. I use debut theme.

Replies 6 (6)
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 158 90

Hey, @TiyeH!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question!

Shop Pay can only be enabled when your store uses Shopify Payments, regardless of the theme you use. Since your store currently offers Shop Pay, it's highly likely Shopify Payments is also currently activated in your store.

You can continue to use Shopify Payments and take advantage of its benefits while not offering Shop Pay. With Shopify Payments, you pay no transaction fees, you can [quickly and easily integrate it](https://bit.ly/3m7C2Ez) in your store, and you can have 24/7 gateway support from our support team. To continue using the gateway but disable Shop Pay, you may simply follow the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. Click Manage on the Shopify Payments section.
  3. In the Shop Pay section, uncheck Shop Pay.
  4. Click Save.

If you would like to disable Shopify Payments along with Shop Pay, you can go through the following steps:

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. Click Manage on the Shopify Payments section.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click the Deactivate Shopify Payments button.

Is there any particular reason why you wanted to remove Shop Pay from your store? If you're unaware, it does offer significant benefits as well. With Shop Pay, your customers are able to quickly complete their order in your store as they have the option to have their email address, credit card, and shipping and billing information saved. Having this option elevates the customer experience on your website and the convenience it presents can boost conversions.

If you need help with deciding whether offering Shop Pay in your store is the best option or not, please don't hesitate to respond to this post and I'll help you out further!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TiyeH
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, yes I did all of that and it still shows as an option. I was wondering if there was any coding I could use so it may be removed completely.

Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 158 90

Thanks for getting back to me, @TiyeH!

That's certainly something we should not expect to happen if you have already disabled Shop Pay and Shopify Payments. Since this is the case, we'll need to access your account and investigate why Shop Pay is still appearing in your store. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Zschroll34
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I actually find shoppay unbearable and a nuisance.  I don’t have an option to just enter my CC information and entering all my information first is a huge barrier.  Managing several stores I’m confident this is the worst check out experience on the market.  To make matters worse what if I’m on a laptop and trying to buy something?  I keep getting a code sent to my phone which I keep downstairs.  I’d rather not buy the product vs, go downstairs in search of a code.  Please make this experience easier for your customers and assuMe people don’t want to use shoppay and provide easy alternatives vs forcing this down our throats.  

Would love to speak with the product team to get this fixed.  Thanks!

jrnorman
1 0 0

I am a customer of a store that has Shop Pay enabled. I too find it really annoying. The store is a coffee roaster with a small selection of beans and order sizes. My experience:

1. I arrive for the first time using my iPhone/Safari, select a bag of beans and hit Apple Pay, double-click and I'm done. Beans delivered the next day. Delighted!

2. After a few deliveries ordering the same beans and marvelling at the customer experience I decide to order an additional bag of beans to try them. I need to use the 'add to cart' to order two items, no worries. I go to the cart and checkout - expecting to be offered Apple Pay again. NO - I'm presented with a form to fill in. I go back and remove the second item and pay with Apple Pay. SALE LOST.

3. I decide to try again a few months later and when I get to checkout I fill in the form. I'm offered Shop Pay and since I hope this will mean I can use Apple Pay at checkout in the future I say yes.

4. Now when I visit the site the Apple Pay button is replaced by Shop Pay button and there is no way to get Apple Pay back. I don't want to use Shop Pay and can't easily see how to stop using it.

5. In desperation I switch from Safari to Chrome and visit the site again. Now I'm offered Google Pay even though I'm using an iPhone. Again no way for me as a customer to set a payment preference.

My site experience has gone from delight to annoyance. It feels like an attempt by Shopify to hijack payment business rather than allow the customer to buy as they wish.

natureniche
3 0 16

I find that we get a lot of "in store" pick up orders through Shop Pay that are from people no where near our store. This is a huge annoyance as we have to cancel the order, and get with the customer to change it to a shippable order. From what I can tell, Shop Pay defaults to in store pick, and people just don't look that close when ordering. Huge fail by Shop Pay...