Disable ShopPay default checkout (without disabling ShopPay payment option)?

Disable ShopPay default checkout (without disabling ShopPay payment option)?

chadsharpe
4 0 0

We would like to make the normal Shopify "guest" checkout the default checkout for all of our customers.

It appears that if a customer is logged into their ShopPay account, they will automatically see the ShopPay checkout, not the normal Shopify checkout.

Is there a way to bypass this, and show all customers the normal "guest" checkout instead?

We want to still give customers the option to use ShopPay via the Express Checkout Options, but we don't want it to be enabled by default.

Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

chadsharpe
4 0 0

So, there is no way to avoid ShopPay's Default Checkout?  It's impossible?

Tripp
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am wanting to know same thing, I think it is making people leave checkout. How can you make it just be CC first instead.

Yvy616
Excursionist
34 0 42

Hi did you find a fix to this? I test the checkout often and find it so annoying that it just knows who I am and just by my email prefills everything including my payment method. What if I want to use paypal? UGH the checkout as guest isn't self explanatory and a tiny link at the bottom. It used to be that customer accounts were disabled by default, meaning that customer would use the guest checkout experience. but that option is no longer there. Shopify is trying to monopolize everything and customers that like some control get really annoyed and just leave checkout.

newbieshopify
Visitor
2 0 0

The guest checkout is not working for us. It is throwing a recaptcha error. Not sure if you found a solution to remove the default checkout page and enable guest checkout.