Why isn't the discount code box appearing at Shopify checkout?

AtThe815
Visitor
1 0 0

I am able to create a discount code under discounts section, but the discount box does not appear at checkout. How do I fix this?

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @AtThe815.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I understand you're able to create a discount code; however, the discount field isn't appearing in the checkout. it's important to note that the discount box will only appear in the checkout when a store has active discounts running. If you haven't created a discount code or if you don't have any discounts active, then the discount box will be automatically hidden from the checkout.

So that I can take a closer look, can you confirm if you've gone through with creating a discount code for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sfDisplay
Tourist
3 0 4

We have a similar problem with the Discount Code BOX not showing up when the cart contains an item that has customizations.

Is there an ETA as to when Shopify will fix this bug?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @sfDisplay.

Welcome to the thread!

Sorry to hear that the discount code box isn't appearing when a cart contains a customized item. While I don't have enough information to take a closer look or help identify where the issue might be coming from; however, I did check to see if there were any other reports of bugs relating to this issue and I did not find any. With that being said, if you've already checked that your store has an active discount and the issue continues to persist, then is something that our Technical team would need to look into for you.  

Though I'm unable to help create a support request, as we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Community Forums. However, our Support team would be happy to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to start a support request. From there, our Support team will be able to help you triage the issue with our Technical team.

I'd love to know if our Support team can help you resolve this issue. Keep me posted! 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog