Discount code

johnbell76
3 0 0

Can someone help me please, on my store if someone is buying on a desktop the discount code box is there, but if they buy on there mobile they have to click on show order summary , which isnt very stright forward, a lot of people would not click this to bring up discount box, this is quite a big deal when you are trying to get sales

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
419 61 75

@johnbell76 

I understand that this can be confusing for your customers, and result in customers abandoning their cart when they can't find the discount box on the mobile version of your site. Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this. I've submitted your feedback to our developers, letting them know that this is a large issue for your business. Although we can't make promises about changes, the more feedback we receive the better. 

As for a couple workaround options for you, I have two suggestions: 

1. Edit the theme language to make it clear to your customers what they need to click to find the discount box. To do this, you can follow our help document Changing the wording in themes. Tip: you can search the text in the Filter search translations box to locate the text you wish to edit faster. For example, you could change the "Show order summary" button to say, "Show order summary & enter discount code". Here is a screenshot of this example: 

11-52-z4hcf-lf0tt

2. As a second option, you could use an app that allows your customers to enter their discount code on the cart page, rather than the checkout. For example, Dcode - Discount Codes in Cart is one app that will allow you to have this feature. This may help your customers feel assured that they are going to receive their discount, before they even reach the checkout. 

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback here in the Community, much appreciated. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes