Does a store country address change delete an existing a payment setup?

pierrer
2 0 0

Hi all.

I will be starting my store here in Paris using my Stripe account.

However, I will then be moving to London in the summer. As I understand it, Stripe is not available for UK stores.

Question:

When I update my store address from France to the UK, will my existing Stripe payment setup be deleted and reset to blank? Or will it retain the existing Stripe account details?

Cheers!

Reply 1 (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1381 132 308

Hi @pierrer,

Thank you for getting in touch. Have you thought yet what payment gateway you'd like to use when you move your business from France to the United Kingdom? You are right in saying that Stripe is not available to use for UK merchants as Shopify Payments can be used instead. By using our own payment gateway you won't be required to pay transaction fees, will be able to receive in-house support for any payment-related issues, and you can make use of Shopify Payments-exclusive features such as Shop Pay and selling in multiple currencies.

I believe you will still be able to change your address while Stripe is enabled on your store, but you may run into issues as your Stripe account was set up with a French address. If you can let me know more about what your plan is regarding the gateway you want to use when you change your address to a British one, I'll be happy to offer my assistance.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog