Does all 3rd party payments redirect to external checkout page?

assafzarfaty
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi

I am trying to setup third party payment and it redirect me to an external page to complete the purchase and insert credit card information.

Below is the checkout page on the shopify store. after clicking it redirect to the third party payment page and then redirect back to shopify. I was wondering if this is the case for all third party providers or its only the specific one I am using.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 15.16.52.png

thanks

Assaf

Replies 5 (5)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @assafzarfaty,

Thanks so much for your question!

While many third-party payment providers will redirect customers to an external checkout, there are some direct payment providers that will allow your customers to complete their payment without leaving Shopify's checkout page. 

If you'd like to tell me where your business is located, I may be able to share an example, if one is available. 

Have a wonderful day! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

assafzarfaty
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi June,

Thanks for the answer.
My store is located in the US and sell only to US customers. I ended up using PinWheel but they are redirecting to payment page which I dont like as much and would prefer the user not leaving the screen for payment.

I would love if you could mention few payment providers that are direct and maybe a way to know in advanced if they are direct or not when I browse the options.

Thanks

Assaf

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @assafzarfaty,

I hope you've been well!

Since your business is based in the United States, you'll have your choice of any of these supported payment providers. While the only one I can confirm offers a direct gateway is Shopify Payments, I encourage you to get in touch with any of these other options that catch your eye for more information about whether or not you can expect your customers to be redirected in order to complete their payment.

I'm curious, is there a reason why you've opted not to use Shopify Payments? 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

josmi
Visitor
1 0 1

My business is based in India.Can you please suggest a payment Gateway which support "direct" payment .that is I need a payment gateway not redirect to external url for payment from checkout page.I use post purchase upsell offer inultimate special offer this offer works only in direct payment method.so please suggest one direct payment method

ankit1992
Visitor
1 0 0

Please reply. I also have same doubt