Don't have shopify payment option in Canada

Lilah
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello 

I am trying to set up my payment gateway but I don't have the shopify payment option (it's just not there at all) and I am in Canada. Would you be able to help me figure out how to do that? I can set up paypal but I would prefer to just have everything going though my bank instead of having to deal with paypal. 

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @Lilah!

This is Lana from Shopify.

I understand how using Shopify Payments would be more convenient for you! 
The first thing we should check here is your store address - you need to make sure that it is set to Canada in the country field for the gateway to become available, and this can be checked by going to Settings > General on your Shopify admin.

If you have already checked this, the next thing you should look for is an email from our team regarding Shopify Payments. If there is ever an issue with the gateway, we contact you on emails to let you know/request that you take an action such as submitting documents. Make sure to double check your spam/junk folders, as often times our emails can end up there!

Lastly, have you by chance ever requested to have the Stripe payment gateway on your store? If so, that may be the reason that Shopify Payments is not showing for you. Shopify Payments replaces Stripe, so in the case you wanted to use the latter, we make Shopify Payments unavailable. Our team can look into reversing this for you, you would just need to contact our support through here so that we can have a closer look. The reason that I am redirecting you to this link is because we are currently unable to look into your account information on the Shopify Community.

Let me know if you have any other questions here at all.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog