Double Shipping Charged

Solved

@RambleTree 

Your grievence is shared - $3 difference on 1 b2c order is a *Huge* difference, leading to either mega loss if you waive it, or, worse, cart abandonment,

Though Ill join you in your your last solution "drink a huge bottle of Irish whiskey and smoke a ton of Vermont weed."

What if you (or if others in the same boat) were to just have the items from the 2 vendors in 1 "location" (which simplifies the shipping delegation & calculations), and then use our SplitOrder App to automatically "Split" the fulfillment [ie: Fulfillment Order] between the 2 vendors for mixed carts?

https://apps.shopify.com/splitorder

If it helps. thanks

Jesse

Mercantile Apps - simple apps for enterprise growth
Learn more
0 Likes
spacefisharmy
Excursionist
17 0 7
I’ve actually been experimenting with this….
Shopify gives you the option to send customers that abandon their carts
before checkout an email to reconsider their purchase. Assuming the
shipping amount (which I use a calculated amount by usps so it’s usually
actually what it costs me to ship although it’s sometimes $11-$13) is a big
reason why someone wouldn’t finish their order. In that email I offer them
a coupon for free domestic shipping if they make their purchase now. I
don’t have enough evidence to backup if it’s working or not yet but it’s
worth a shot to try to get your conversion rate up!

Meteorit
Tourist
3 0 1

Good workaround but in fact this is just a workaround. Shopify should create an option to specify if someone will apply a flat rate even if an order is fulfilled from more then one loaction. Soooo simple at code level, I don't understand why Shopify has has many of these easily fixable problems.

Kumar2573
Pathfinder
94 5 10

we have fixed double shipping rate issues through Shopify script editor That is working fine.  

0 Likes
byidamarie
2 0 0

So if you find someone who can code, you can actually solve the problem (that Shopify should have fixed a long time ago)? I was starting to wonder if Shopify had put walls around their issues so that no one would be allowed to solve them...

0 Likes
byidamarie
2 0 0

Couldn't agree more! Seems incredibly unprofessional - and is very frustrating not to be able to make these very simple decisions yourself

0 Likes
zvika
2 0 0

can you please share more details on how you solved this using scripts?

thanks

0 Likes
Johanna2
Explorer
43 0 29

Hi, 

I'm really interested to know how to solve this via script. We had two big recommended Shopify developement agencies working on it and both gave up. 
So, if your developer could solve this, I'd also be super happy, to get in touch...

0 Likes
kinful
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

The solution that worked for us was adding the inventory to BOTH locations. That's not ideal, but setting the inventory to "0" on the second one did solve the double shipping rate. Maybe this is a more recent update to Shopify as the original solution states:

" If the inventory levels for a single location do not have enough stock to fulfill the entire order, the order is split up by location based on where inventory is available for an item."

This is no longer true for us, as we can set the inventory at the second location to "0" and everything works as it should.  Annoying to have every product in both locations, but an easy fix to the problem. 

Kumar2573
Pathfinder
94 5 10

Hi 

if you are shopify plus merchant. Sure I will do it through shopify script editor.

0 Likes