Solved

Why am I being overcharged for my Shopify monthly bill?

4REALapparel-AH
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all, I just paid a monthly bill for shopify which was $29usd=$58 aud, I’ve now been charged $120 altogether when I had already paid the bill. Need help ASAP, thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @4REALapparel-AH

June here from Shopify. Thanks for your message!

There are definitely a few reasons why we might be seeing this recent charge. For example:

• When you visit Settings > Billing > Recent bills in your Shopify admin, you should see a breakdown of your charges. Do you see any mention of additional app or shipping fees?
  • It's also possible that you've reached your billing threshold and so you've been issued an invoice outside of your standard monthly bill.
  • Our guide, Understanding your Shopify bill, explores a few other explanations as well.

That said, likely the best and fastest way to get this addressed will be for you to connect with our support team via our Help Center - you can log in to your account and choose from our currently available contact options. Our team will be happy to take a look at your recent invoice(s) with you and discuss any unfamiliar charges you're seeing.

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! Please don't hesitate to follow up with me here if you have any questions.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @4REALapparel-AH

June here from Shopify. Thanks for your message!

There are definitely a few reasons why we might be seeing this recent charge. For example:

• When you visit Settings > Billing > Recent bills in your Shopify admin, you should see a breakdown of your charges. Do you see any mention of additional app or shipping fees?
  • It's also possible that you've reached your billing threshold and so you've been issued an invoice outside of your standard monthly bill.
  • Our guide, Understanding your Shopify bill, explores a few other explanations as well.

That said, likely the best and fastest way to get this addressed will be for you to connect with our support team via our Help Center - you can log in to your account and choose from our currently available contact options. Our team will be happy to take a look at your recent invoice(s) with you and discuss any unfamiliar charges you're seeing.

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! Please don't hesitate to follow up with me here if you have any questions.

CrookedHalo2020
Visitor
3 0 0

It happened to me on May 31, 2021. I was  charged $29usd and then $32 usd. Both had the Exact same transaction number. Still no answer from Shopify. I already spoke with my bank and this fee was from shopify and is their responsibility.

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hello @CrookedHalo2020, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you haven't yet received clarification on your recent bill. When you spoke with our team, was it over live chat, callback, or email? 

CrookedHalo2020
Visitor
3 0 0
Live chat, phone call and currently waiting on an email.
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Thanks @CrookedHalo2020, and when you've spoken to our team via live chat and callback, what reason were you given for the multiple charges? 

Since we're not able to provide account-specific support via our Community forums at this time, I won't be able to take a look at these invoices on my end. That said, if I can get a better idea of any explanation you've received from our team, I may still be able to help clarify those charges. 

CrookedHalo2020
Visitor
3 0 0
They sent my issue higher up since the support team can only do so much. As
of right now there is still no explanation as of why Shopify charged my
bank account twice for two different amounts that have the Same transaction
number. The whole situation seems off and yes, I've spoke with my bank.
Shopify charged me twice with no explanation. If one is not provided soon
I'll have to figure something else out.
I even requested a call back once something was figured out but they said
they can't do that and to wait for an email.
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

@CrookedHalo2020,

Ok wonderful! That actually sounds like good news to me then. That said, I can definitely understand why you'd be eager to receive an update.

If your ticket has been sent up to our Billing team for review, I imagine we are currently investigating the charges. If it does turn out to be a duplicate or overcharge of any kind, then our Billing team will be the ones to reverse that charge, as you've said. 

Regardless of the findings, you can expect a response via email from our Billing team, to share any next steps.