Draft order invoices not sending

Stephaniemae42
Tourist
5 0 7

I'm setting up my first draft orders for wholesale clients and am having issues with the invoice email not sending.  The test email during setup came through just fine, but my customer isn't getting an email, nor am I getting the BCC

Replies 26 (26)

abbagrlz
Tourist
3 0 3

Im having the same problem. Yesterday I sent out invoices and they all went through fine. Today I sent out 7 and no one received them and I even sent a test to myself and nothing. I'm on the chat support and they can't figure it out!

Stephaniemae42
Tourist
5 0 7

Thanks!  So glad it's not just me! 

lovingwv
Visitor
2 0 4
I just got off chat with them and it looks like it is an issue on their end
and they are working on resolving it.
Stephaniemae42
Tourist
5 0 7
Thanks! Glad to know it's not me!!
TLV
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks guys!  Same issue here.

lovingwv
Visitor
2 0 4

I am experiencing the same thing. This seems like some sort of bug on their end maybe.....

havenprint
Tourist
5 0 1

me too. I've tried sending one invoice 7 times at all times thoughout the day.

CrystalCompany
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm getting the same issue.. Can someone please let me know when this is fixed, please?

Stephaniemae42
Tourist
5 0 7
It seemed to be fixed the next day for me. Maybe it went down again?

diannesjewelry
Tourist
4 0 6

I'm having the program today.  I keep sending the invoice and copying myself on the email and neither of us is getting it.

accessorizefarm
Visitor
1 0 3

I am experiencing this every time I order.  Why won't they make a link we can share with the client so we don't have to use email?!

Stephaniemae42
Tourist
5 0 7

TRUTH.

a workaround is to create an acutal listing of the order for them to purchase and then share that link, although it seems less professional

HenariV
Visitor
1 0 1

I am also having the same problem. Has there been any solutions for this? 

Cheers 

diannesjewelry
Tourist
4 0 6
I have not been having the problem lately. ##- Please type your reply above
this line -##
--
Dianne Hoffman
KINGPINFAB
Visitor
1 0 1

same issue here - SHOPIFY - what are so many people having this issue!!!

thequiltbag
Visitor
2 0 1

This is happening for me too still/again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've been switching to a different platform to send invoices which is extremely annoying because then my sales aren't all tracked properly in Shopify.

Michiec
Tourist
3 0 1

Although I am glad to see it is not me I am frustrated that it is not working. It worked today for one customer out of 5. It is embarrassing for your customer to tell you they haven't received the invoice...I do explain I am trying to invoice a new way thought the website and blame technology but it is creating more work for me.

I now have to go to another platform to invoice. I wish this was working! 

I wish shopify would  update us on this issue. 

GyminiAJC
Visitor
1 0 1

Same problem 😞 and now it's October

binalongbeachco
Visitor
1 0 0

Now in Dec 2022 I'm having the same problem! I create the draft order and have tried to send the invoice to my customer 3x over 3 days. Nothing coming through at her end. When I send her the link from the Email Preview page, there's a 2nd level authentication mini-window asking the customer to enter the code sent to her phone number. Which is embarrassing when I'm trying to test whether the link works and the customer gets an sms code every time I test. She's in another country too.

Nunyo
Tourist
9 0 3

Bumping this because it's 2023 and this issue still exists with no help from Shopify. Sometimes an invoice gets snagged by customer's email filters, sometimes it just never gets sent. Also fails to send when I've edited an order and customers owe an additional amount.  Half the time it works, the other half it doesnt send or gives a red box that says "server error". Come on Shopify. Completely embarrassing to have to contact customers and find alternative ways to be paid, doesn't exactly inspire confidence in security for customers either. It's all fun and games until it costs me money when this is a platform basic that should never fail. Emails/chat/customer service hasn't ever provided a solution. 

EscapeVelocity
Tourist
8 0 4

Did you ever get a resolution of this issue? When we trigger a draft order from within Shopify, customers do not get an email (these are all retail customers). They checked their spam, and checked all mail folders.
But even if I just test it with my account or the store's email - the order/invoice emails never arrive. Shopify SHOULD have some sort of bounce report?

CollierHillFarm
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. Emails are not being sent to the customer's email and not being sent to BCC addresses.

Ured
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi,

has anyone found solution to this issue????

Nunyo
Tourist
9 0 3

Nope. Still happens to our customers, albeit not consistently.  

Rbonzato
Visitor
1 0 0

having issues with this as well! Any solutions in 2024?

Blair
Shopify Staff
1813 253 219

Hi @Rbonzato,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! I'd be happy to provide some assistance with this request, to ensure it gets resolved. 

If your customers are not receiving invoices, you will want to connect with us directly. This will allow our support team to take a closer look, as we wouldn't have access to any account specific information through the Community. They will be able to investigate further and ensure it gets resolved as quickly as possible. 

To connect, you can: 

• Head over to our Help Center: https://shopify.link/KWb8
  • In the virtual assistance chat box, type 'Contact Support'
  • This will prompt you to log into your shop
  • Once logged in, you will see the option to chat with an advisor

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog