How to fix the 'Cannot ship to your address' error message?

TrainMOR
Visitor
2 0 0

I am performing a test purchase.

After filling out account, I get a message: Your cart has been updated and the items you added can't be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete the order.

Tried all I can, to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @TrainMOR 

I guess you need to activate the test payment mode to check the payment method. you can activate test mode by clicking on the manage button from the payment screen. You can go through this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/test-orders 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
TrainMOR
Visitor
2 0 0
I was already in test payment mode when the error message occurred.
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @TrainMOR.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful! Typically, if you are receiving the error message, "Your cart has been updated and the items you added can't be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete the order." it may be due to the shipping rates that are being offered from within the General Shipping Profile.

As for example, if you are offering your customers a shipping rate for orders that are below $35 USD - you will need to create a rate that will display for your customers if the order total is above $35 USD.

If you can confirm that you are offering a rate that would display for the test purchase, you may need to add a new shipping location to allow the order to be successfully purchased from the location.

Let me know if that does the trick, looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog