Error shipping to Canada when domestic shipping Includes Canada and is set up for my only location

inyoonch
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. When users specify a Canadian address at checkout they get an error saying we can't ship to their province. I've searched the forums and found many related problems. I've triple checked my shipping settings and am confident of the following:

1) All products have "this is a physical product" checked and a weight > 0.

2) We have only 1 location defined (in the U.S.)

3) There is a "domestic" ship to method defined for this location that includes both the U.S. and Canada.

Does customs information need to be set up on products to ship them to Canada (or anywhere outside the U.S.)? The only shipping option selected in the "domestic" shipping method is UPS Ground. Does UPS Ground not include Canada?

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @inyoonch.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

Based on the areas you've checked over, it does look like your Shipping and delivery settings are set up correctly. Just to confirm, was there any Canadian addresses that were able to checkout previously? Or, has this always been the issue?

Setting up the customs or duties can help display the expected duties and import taxes for customers right on your shop using a third-party app, or help charge and collect the import fees to customers on Shopify Plus stores (beta). However, this is an optional step and isn't required for setting up the shipping rates to Canada.

That being said, if we're unable to pinpoint where the issue is coming from, then our Support team can help take a closer look at your account. While I'm unable to dive into your account, as we're unable to provide that level of account-specific support via the Community Forums. Nevertheless, our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account.

I'd love to know if our Support team can help you identify and resolve this shipping issue. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hi @inyoonch,

Kindly have a look at the reply by Nick on this thread.
It discusses a similar issue and I hope it will help you to resolve the problem.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/quot-We-don-t-offer-shipping-to-United...

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping