FROM CACHE - en_header

Excluding product from shipping

Solved
Annadaubner
1 0 0

Hi there,

I work for a party supplier company and the sell helium inflated balloons as well. We can not ship the balloons. I would like to exclude fully these balloons from shipping and only  offer store pick up. I have already created a new shipping profile,  but could not figure out the new step.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Annadaubner,

June here from Shopify. 

If your goal is to make only specific products (in this case your helium balloons) available for pickup, what we can do is isolate their inventory to their own location. From here we'll enable local pickup for that location and make those products ineligible for shipping rates.

Note: Customers will not be able to order items for both pickup and shipping in the same order so these items would need to be ordered separately. 

If you're curious, the steps to achieve this will be: 

1. Visit Settings > Locations and create a new location. You can even call it "Helium Balloons"! You are welcome to use the same physical address for this location as you do another one. 
  2. Assign all of your helium balloons' inventory to this new location. To do this, you can visit each product page in your admin and scroll down the section called Inventory. If you have quite a few helium balloon products, it may be more efficient to visit Products > Transfers and create a transfer between your two locations. Let me know if you need any extra clarification on how to do that!
  3. Visit Settings > Shipping > Local pickup and enable your new "Helium Balloons" location. 
  4. While inside your shipping settings, select the new shipping profile you've created. If you haven't yet, assign your helium balloons to this profile - this will automatically remove them from other profiles. As long as you do not set shipping rates for this new shipping profile, your helium balloons will not be eligible for shipping. 
  5. Head over to your online store to test the checkout experience for yourself!

Again, if any of these steps give you any difficulty along the way, please don't hesitate to let me know! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 31

Hi @Annadaubner,

As Shopify is not having any rule-based shipping, you will need a third-party app to configure what you are looking to do.
You can do this by creating Shipping Scenarios that reflect your fulfillment process.
The suggestion is to create a different rule for the pickup or delivery option for the balloons.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Annadaubner,

June here from Shopify. 

If your goal is to make only specific products (in this case your helium balloons) available for pickup, what we can do is isolate their inventory to their own location. From here we'll enable local pickup for that location and make those products ineligible for shipping rates.

Note: Customers will not be able to order items for both pickup and shipping in the same order so these items would need to be ordered separately. 

If you're curious, the steps to achieve this will be: 

1. Visit Settings > Locations and create a new location. You can even call it "Helium Balloons"! You are welcome to use the same physical address for this location as you do another one. 
  2. Assign all of your helium balloons' inventory to this new location. To do this, you can visit each product page in your admin and scroll down the section called Inventory. If you have quite a few helium balloon products, it may be more efficient to visit Products > Transfers and create a transfer between your two locations. Let me know if you need any extra clarification on how to do that!
  3. Visit Settings > Shipping > Local pickup and enable your new "Helium Balloons" location. 
  4. While inside your shipping settings, select the new shipping profile you've created. If you haven't yet, assign your helium balloons to this profile - this will automatically remove them from other profiles. As long as you do not set shipping rates for this new shipping profile, your helium balloons will not be eligible for shipping. 
  5. Head over to your online store to test the checkout experience for yourself!

Again, if any of these steps give you any difficulty along the way, please don't hesitate to let me know! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog