Export product bardcodes as well as inventory quantity to csv

PaleBlueDot
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi all, I used to be able to do this but can't for the life of me figure it out. I need to export product barcodes as well as their current inventory quantity to CSV. When I export from the products page it has the barcode but no inventory quantity and when I export from the inventory page it has the quantity but no barcode. I feel like I'm going nuts because I know I've done it before, any help would be appreciated!

Replies 9 (9)

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hi @PaleBlueDot ,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app in the Shopify app store.

Report Pundit has the option to export the product details like Inventory Quantity, Barcode, SKU, Product type, Tag, Collection, and many more in Excel, CSV, PDF, or Private URL.

Further, we can custom schedule the report to your Email, Google Sheets, Google Drive, FTP & Big Query on an Hourly, Daily, and Monthy basis.

I request you to install our Report Pundit App with a 14 day trial period and we will set up the reports free of cost.

You can reach us at support@reportpundit.com

Thanks!!

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
PaleBlueDot
Tourist
4 0 6

Why does every question asked on this board seem to have some person trying to sell an app instead of actually answering the question? I was asking how to export inventory quantity and barcodes through Shopify so no, I’m not interested in paying $35 a month for your app to do what I know Shopify on its own is capable of.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20
Hello @PaleBlueDot ,

I acknowledge your frustration regarding the solution. We did try exporting the report with our test shop using Shopify reports to see if we could assist you with it. It used to be available under the Products page, but it seems like Shopify does not provide both Barcode and Inventory in the same report.

We suggested that you try our app since we offer a free plan if your total order count is less than 1000. If you have more than 1000 total orders, we offer you a free trial. If this report is a one-time requirement, you can export the desired report without having to subscribe to any plan.

Thanks!!
Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Shopify is not capable of what you are asking, which is common when it comes to questions in the forums. Part of the Shopify ecosystem is that it allows app developers to fill the gaps in functionality. In this case, you could use one of many apps available (many free) to accomplish this, or you can use the Shopify API and try for yourself. In either case, there are people here that would be happy to guide you - but lashing out at them probably isn't the best way to find what you're seeking.

beckyppsg
Excursionist
20 0 5

Agree with you CloudlabSam, but inventory reports that include UPCs are about as standard as headlights on cars, they shouldn't be upgrades.  Sometimes apps get in each others way, or don't play nice with a theme, so it's nice for the framework to have standard functionality.

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Hi there - definitely understand the apprehension with apps affecting themes and performance of a store. There has been a lot of misinformation out there about this in the past. Luckily, Shopify has cleared this up recently by adding "highlights" on every app listing. One of them is whether the app affects your store performance. See the screenshot attached to show an example highlighted in red.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean that the store doesn't inject code into your site, just that it doesn't affect the speed. In most cases though (like the app example provided) there is no code injected into the site, which means it won't affect any themes or get in the way of other front-end apps.

drinksrecords
Visitor
1 0 0

I was able to do this just last month. That's how I've been bulk ordering products from my distributors. My product exports aren't showing barcodes anymore either. This is going to be a big factor on wether or not I stay with Shopify. 

ADCP
Tourist
3 0 2

I’ve just gone down the rabbit hole on this. I agree with others that downloading 500 paid apps for basic functionality is ridiculous.

Until they restore barcodes in the inventory export (if they do). I think the best way is to export your inventory, export your products (which still has a barcode column) and merge the two in excel using a lookup formula or in power query. It’s not ideal but it’s better than paying $xx a month for an app you’ll use once or twice and giving your customers data to god knows who. 

happyhounds
Tourist
4 0 6

As of February 2023, it seems that the Product export includes both barcodes and inventory quantities.

Living it up in the last best place.