Express Checkout Bug - Buttons appear and disappear

Printingprinter
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello community, 

were building a new POD store and struggling with the integration of the express checkout buttons. 

The paypal express connection is done succesfully. Weve done it the same way, like we did it at other shops before. 

Unfortunately the express checkout buttons are just blinking at the checkout. The page is loading continiously, the google pay und paypal button are blinking for one second and diesappering afterwards. 

The failure appears at chrome and Internet explorer. When using safari on iphone 8, it is working. 

Weve done a lot of troubleshooting but didnt found the failure. 

Do you have an idea how to solve that issue? 

We really would appreciate it, many thanks in advance guys! 🙂

best regards, 

Gustav 

domain: https://bullprinted.com/cart

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hello, @Printingprinter.

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with the express checkout buttons, as they are appearing for one second and then disappearing. Since the settings for express checkout is fairly straightforward, it does seem like this may be an issue with your theme. Which theme are you using at the moment?

A great place to start troubleshooting is by testing it on a newly installed Shopify theme to see if the same issue persists, as this can help point us in the direction of where the issue may be. If you're unable to replicate the problem on newly installed theme, then it's likely the issue is related to the previous theme. However, if the issue continues to persist on both themes, then it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I've also took the opportunity to check out your store and I think you're off to a great start. Though I'm not familiar with your business model, I can see a good use of sections on your homepage. Nevertheless, I think there may be some opportunity to include some finished samples on your store as well as store policies and contact page to your navigation menus. This way, customers will be able to get a better idea of your products or get in touch with you. 

Also, would removing the "Powered by Shopify" message be something that interests you? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10

I am having the same issue. It started a few weeks ago. I cannot say exactly when. The Paypal GooglePay and ShopPay buttons are blinking on cart page. There was ApplePay button as well but it is not there anymore. All the payment methods are enabled in Payment options. Also there is no Paypal Express Checkout button on checkout page. I have checked the integration, tried disabling and re enabling the express checkout but nothing works. 

Have you found solution to this problem. Everything was working smoothly before. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @sheezasonline.

Thank you for joining the thread and bringing this to our attention.

I understand that you're also experiencing an issue with the accelerated checkout buttons. While I'm unable to provide account-specific support via the Community Forums at this time, this type of issue is commonly related to the theme, custom coding, or third-party app. Which theme are you currently using? Were there any custom coding or app installed recently?

A good way to test this issue is by installing one of our free themes and seeing if the issue persists. If you're already using one of our free themes, then you'll want to test it with a newly installed copy. If the issue isn't replicated on the new theme, then it's likely an issue with the previous theme. If your previous theme is a Shopify-supported theme, then our Theme Support will be able to help take a look. However, if you're theme is a third-party or custom theme, then we'd recommend getting support for your theme from the theme developer.

Can you confirm if the issue persists across different themes?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tonegolf71
Shopify Partner
11 0 5

I came across this same issue, and for us it was because in theme.liquid, we had {{ content_for_header }} in there twice. It had accidentally happened when moving to a new theme and trying to pull across all app customisations to the new theme. Removing one of them fixed it.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Adrik501
Tourist
8 1 0

I have the same issue. While going into devtools i found the following:

<div class="dynamic-checkout__content" id="dynamic-checkout-cart" data-shopify="dynamic-checkout-cart" style="visibility: hidden;"><div>

Why is it hidden? The page loads and then they dissapear. When I change the visibility to true in devtools it automatically changes the value back to hidden. I don´t know where to edit this exact position to actually appear in my cart.