Express Checkout charges additional tax

marioheller
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

A very strange thing occurred: We are offering this product and I just bought it for myself with express checkout through Apple Pay. The final price was 75 Euros for the reduced tickets. This was also stated on the final page of the check out screen. However, when Apple Pay opened up, there was suddenly an additional tax charged, which lead to the final sum of 89 Euros and something. Why does this happen? It worked normally when I checked out with normal credit card.

THanks

Mario

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @marioheller.

Tira here to help.

Thank you for all of these details, that is really strange that this is happening.

Let's troubleshoot this together. Do you have a screenshot of the checkout with Apple Pay, and a screenshot without using Apple Pay? Please reply to this thread with a screenshot and please make sure to blur out any sensitive information. I would love to take a look!

As another troubleshooting step, could I also get you to go over the steps in our help doc to set-up Apple Pay here: Enabling Apple Pay? Once you've enabled Apple Pay again on your store, please try placing the order again. I would love to know if that helps.

Talk soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @marioheller.

Tira here again.

How are you doing? 

Were you able to figure out why Apple Pay was showing additional tax on your checkout?

I would love to know.

Talk soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

HSShop
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I am having the same issue I believe. I have implemented Apple Pay and I am testing this. 

I am testing for an order that would be shipped to the US, therefore the item should be exempt from tax. When i do this not using Apple Pay, tax is exempt. However when I choose Apple Pay, the tax is included. Can you help? Do i need to change my tax settings? Please see screenshots for each instance attached.

The item purchased is £115 including £19.17 tax, before shipping costs ( for anyone within the UK purchasing this). Anyone outside the UK should pay excluding tax so would be  £95.83 before shipping costs.

HSShop_1-1633535971865.png

HSShop_2-1633536722135.png

Thanks,

Rachel