external checkout via Stripe

TLS2022
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi everyone I would like to implement an external payment provider that will be Stripe So I would like to use the Stripe Checkout hosted solution and not Shopify Checkout. Checking documentations, it seems possible .... https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/third-party-providers/direct-and-external-providers But it's not clear how to implement it Has anyone already faced this task? any experience on this? thanks a lot Andrea
Replies 5 (5)
Maz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1095 122 163

Hey @TLS2022!

Thanks for connecting with us here in the Shopify Community, and this is a great question!

From reading your thread here, it looks like you are eligible for Shopify Payments, however would prefer to use Stripe's checkout instead - is that right? This is something that we could look at enabling for you after some review, however there is no guarantee that it will be done. A few things would need to be discussed before we’d consider enabling Stripe.

While you might have a preference for using a certain gateway (like Stripe), there are a host of benefits you would get for using Shopify Payments. These include:

• Shop Pay
  • No transaction fees - Shopify Payments - No transaction fees (exception being Shopify Payments Sweden, Austria, and Belgium where transaction fees apply on all third party and alternate payment gateways even if Shopify Payments is enabled.)
  • Competitive processing rates
  • In-house support
  • Financial reports
  • Detailed Payout Information
  • Automated chargeback handling
  • High transaction approval rates

Those are some pretty great features above for using Shopify Payments. What features exactly does Stripe have that Shopify Payments doesn’t? It would be great if you could provide some more context as to why you would like to enable Stripe. In the meantime, checkout our blog: Shopify Payments Makes You Money Through Higher Conversion Rates and Fewer Chargebacks here.

Hoping to hear back from you soon!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TLS2022
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks Maz

My first choice was Shopify Payments but due the fact I'm developing a marketplace, to be compliant with PSD2, I can't retain money on my account. 

For this reason I would like to implement Stripe Checkout because in parallel I will use Stripe Connect to manage the split payments to our vendors.

We are using Marketcube, a fully integrated app in Shopify, to develop the marketplace and Marketcube use Stripe for the split payments (linking our Stripe ID with Stripe Connect of our vendors) 

Has Shopify a solution like this one? Or do you see any alternative?

On the other hand, we have to find a way to implement Stripe Checkout

Andrea

Maz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1095 122 163

Hey @TLS2022!

You are most welcome, happy to help! Shopify does not have the native function of supporting marketplace type sites, nor does Shopify Payments have the ability to split payment payouts for vendors. I'd be more than happy to feed this back up to our developers as a feature request for you if you wish.

I was able to find another app suggestion for you here, which allows you to a
ssign each vendor a percentage or fixed amount of your sales. As mentioned previously, getting Stripe enabled on your store would require a review being carried out by our Financial team - so if you would like to discuss this further, then please feel free to reach out to our live support here at this link.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask here in this thread!

pinguinilinguin
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Maz, 

we are actually looking into enabling Stripe Hosted Payment Page on our shops and we are very interested in discovering this option. In your reply, you have mentioned that this is something you could check if it could be enabled after review. How could we proceed with such a request ?
Thank you. 

Maz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1095 122 163

Hey, @pinguinilinguin that's great to hear!

For this you would need to get in touch with live support and discuss this with our billing and payments team as they would have the final decision here. Our live support can be reached here at this link. Before they would consider enabling Stripe, they will want to gather more context from you through your conversation with them.

Please follow the prompts given by the virtual Help Center assistant in order to access our live chat support. 

I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations. BFCM is one of the biggest sales weekends of the year and sees the start of the holiday season as well. Every year my go-to is this BFCM Checklist!

It allows me to make sure that I am making the best use of my time and resources, and it really helps take the pressure off by starting early. It is well worth the read should you be interested!