Why is my HSBC payout option constantly failing on Shopify?

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1

My payout option failed with HSBC for multiple times and with try of different account.

I have followed every instructions but nothing successful so far.

I need help from the support team from Shopify.

Replies 8 (8)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @Gena1!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

There are a few requirements in place for the type of bank account you can use with Shopify Payments depending on where you are in the world.

Could you confirm if you're using a Hong Kong denominated checking account and that your account is able to receive payments in HKD for me?

If you can, please also double check your account info to ensure you've got the following format for your details:

• Bank code or Clearing code: 3 digits
  • Branch code: 3 digits
  • Account number: which must be between 6 and 9 digits

Would you also have completed the address info fully, including the 999077 postcode for Hong Kong?

Let me know if you have already checked these points so we can see what else we might be able to do to help you out here!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Don,

I have already done with the code. However, my account number is 10 digits,
i think this should be fine because i have been receiving money from this
account so far.

While for the postcode, i do not see anywhere i should state such, can you
be specific?

Thanks.
Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @Gena1!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for your reply here and for checking your info against the requirements outlined here.

You can enter or update your store's address in the settings > general menu in your Shopify admin.

Check to see if you have entered the postcode there as this is sometimes left blank in your region.

If you continue to encounter an issue with entering these details I would check to ensure you are using an updated, supported browser and that any device OS you are using is also up to date.

Should this difficulty persist across multiple browsers and devices, my next advice would be to get in touch via our Help Centre so we can take a look at your account info with you securely. 

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Don,

the interface of shopify help centre is really unfriendly and I kept being directed to the FAQ. Is there anyway you can direct my case to technical staff and email me directly for the solving of issue? It has been postponing for a while and I think it is not very acceptable.

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @Gena1!

Don from Shopify once again.

Apologies for my delay in getting back to you here, as I've been away from work for some days.

I'd like to discuss further with you here how you can get support on this topic

In order to get prompt replies if time is a factor, or in any instance where we need to look at your account specifics it would be necessary to get support via our Help Centre here where we'll be able to access and discuss your account with you securely. 

This is the only way you will be able to get account-specific support from us, so do please be sure to follow the prompts on the screen there carefully and scroll down the screen to see your options for contacting us via support.

When you have entered your support topic you should be able to see 'get support' at the bottom of the screen, where you'll be able to view the available support options.

This is how we will be able to help you out by taking a closer look at your account specifics and any available internal info.

I look forward to getting this checked out further for you!

Regards,

Don

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Don,

I have made my request of having the email directly contact to the help centre, can you help on this and reply ASAP?

there is no reason for pending my case for a week long still keeping me on the help centre without specific help.

that’s the payment holding for now and this impact shopify members’ business which is one of the core value of your company and I am dissatisfied with the service indeed.

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Don,

would you please reply?

or else I may need to start a new topic and address the irresponsible reply…

Gena1
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Don,

can you reply my message?

thanks.